Internal Account Representative
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join our community - instigators of innovation and transformers of technology - as we envision and create what's next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today!
Job Description: Internal Account Representative
As an Internal Account Representative, you will work with a team on a specific geographic territory to generate qualified leads, identify and maintain relationships with sales prospects, and close sales deals.
• Identify and establish relationships with new business prospects and maintain relationships with the existing installed base
• Work hand in hand with a Territory Manager on a specific geographic territory
• Focus on generating qualified leads through strategic planning, outbound calling, follow-up to marketing campaigns and fielding web site inquiries
• Thoroughly qualify all sales opportunities; close and process orders
• Responsible for run rate business
• Accurately document all activity in the Siebel database for account/territory tracking by the appropriate sales team or rep, and for Executive Staff for forecasting
• Direct and Indirect Sales activities
• 3 - 5 years inside sales or business development experience in a high-tech environment
• Proven success with high-volume outbound calling and prospecting
• Expertise in carrying/exceeding quotas
• Strong abilities and proven success in prospecting, lead qualification and closing
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment with minimum supervision
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint a plus
• College degree preferred
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Meet Some of VMware Carbon Black's Employees
Stacia T.Regional Sales Engineer
Stacia demonstrates VMware Carbon Black’s technology to prospective customers. Once they’ve signed on, she ensures they know how to use the products and receive all the resources they need.
Back to top