Intern - Solution Consultant - Singapore
Start Date: May or July/ Aug 2020
Commitment: 5-6 months full time (compulsory) Not eligible for part-time.
Language Required: English
VMware recognizes that today's students are tomorrow's trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will experience to a wide range of software platform technologies utilized by customers all over the world.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers' digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Job Role and Responsibility:
Come be part of VMware's Solution Engineering team! As a solution engineering intern, you have the opportunity to acquire technical knowledge and experience in VMware product and Solutions. You are required to develop understanding of server infrastructure, application platform support, automated provisioning and VMware's Software Defined Datacentre (SDDC) industry leading methodology. You will get the opportunity to do a VMware Certification - VMware Certified Professional (VCP)!
Your primary responsibilities would include :-
- Configuration and management of VMware Demonstration Lab.
- Technologies covered include Server virtualization, cloud native application platform, Kubernetes, container networking and security, cloud automation.
- Help with pre-sale activities such as product demonstrations preparation and presentation.
- Write simple programs, perform research on new technologies.
- Document and contribute to technical content library.
- Takes guidance from other Solution Engineers and leadership where needed.
- You are pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent field
- Keen interest and passion in all things technology
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively
- High interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team and customer-facing environment
- Hands on IT experience from either Internships, Co-Ops, Work Experience and/or University Projects
· You possess strong programming skills in at least one programming language: Python, Java, Node.JS or another similar programming language.
- Application Development Knowledge
- Ability to explain the complex in simple terms.
- Be a self starter
Other requirements to note
- Penultimate year students or final year/semester students preferred.
Find out more
Click to view: VMware Internship
Note: This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Meet Some of VMware Carbon Black's Employees
Stacia T.Regional Sales Engineer
Stacia demonstrates VMware Carbon Black’s technology to prospective customers. Once they’ve signed on, she ensures they know how to use the products and receive all the resources they need.
Back to top