Duration: 4-6 months, full-time
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application.
With revenues of $6.6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, more than 75,000 partners, and 24,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at careers.vmware.com.
The VMware EMEA Inside Sales team is aligned to VMware's field and channel sales organizations. By building strong relationships both internally and externally, our remit is to upsell and expedite General Business sales cycles whilst improving customer experience and awareness. The successful candidate on the VMware EMEA Inside Sales Team intern program will report directly to the EMEA Inside Sales Director. They will perform and gain exposure to pivotal support functions within the sales team.
Their role will be dynamic and cross-functional, encompassing campaign development and lead management, contacting and qualifying customer opportunities, and collaborating both within and outside of inside sales team to provide general sales and marketing support. The role is designed to provide business-to-business prospecting skills and practice. Interns will leave with a full understanding of VMware Inside Territory Executive (ITE) prospecting methodology.
This program is ideal for students passionate about professional sales roles and could potentially lead to successful admission into the Graduate VMware Academy (VA) and a long term inside and/or field sales position.
- To support VMware sales teams campaign support, and business plan execution around our specific security offerings
- To support the German FinServ Sales Team and Director in all activities aimed to design, develop and execute a security campaign for a dedicated German top 100 customer.
- To ensure compliance of VMware sales metrics and key performance indices. Be a sales advocate & partner to internal organizations to both facilitate and understand complex sales issues.
- To complete special project work and other reporting as needed.
- To be a connector between VMware, customer and various security associations to handle regulatory issues and to support the success of a dedicated project
- University Bachelor/Master student
- German language fluency is mandatory
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills
- Strong work ethic and curiosity paired with enthusiasm for new challenges and a willingness to try new approaches
- Comfortable with international, cross-functional teams working
- Willingness to develop business insight and interpersonal skills
- Proven PC skills with Intermediate level Excel skills
- Understanding of the IT market landscape is an advantage
- Understanding of the Financial Services market in Germany is an advantage
- Strong skill set around security and regulations (GDPR) or at least willingness to develop insight.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top