Intern- Product Eng & Marketing Ecosystem - Enterprise Data & Analytics
- Alajuela, Costa Rica
Duration: 3 months
VMware recognizes that today's students are tomorrow's trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers' digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
We are seeking a business-focused, well-spoken data analyst experienced in the Product Engineering and Marketing Ecosystem (PEME) team to provide data solutions and insights to our business partners and help VMWare transformation to become a SaaS company. Working as part of the Enterprise Data and Analytics (EDA) organization, you will join a team of data and business focused peers and partner with key business and IT teams to support VMware's growing business with insights and impactful analysis and tools.
Understanding of large complex business practices and environments and specific experience with data development are required. To be successful, you will need a good technical orientation and analytical skills, be a creative problem solver, and work well in a customer-oriented environment.
- Design, document, and implement reporting dashboards models and tools to manage operational performance/business productivity.
- Provide insights to the business through analysis to drive greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- Use knowledge of predictive analytics, statistics and modeling techniques to drive operational insights and process improvements.
- Presenting/communicating results across the stakeholder organization.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science required, with Business orientation preferred.
- Knowledge with enterprise systems of record including CRM, ERP, Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence (PowerPivot, Tableau, BOBJ, Power Bi)
- Fluency in English and clear, concise, effective verbal and written communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated record of consulting and successfully working in complex, matrixed environments to build and maintain positive relationships and accomplish goals. Ability to navigate, negotiate with, and persuade technical and business teams. Proven, informal leader with a point of view for partners and the team.
- Proficiency in big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark or Fllink etc, and parallelization tools in enterprise Big Data Platform stack, technologies, and ecosystem is a strong plus.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact/influence internal and external leadership.
Please note that while anyone with a legal right to work in Costa Rica may apply for this role, VMware is not presently sponsoring work visas for the entry-level roles for which these Internships may prepare you.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top