Intern- Product Development – CodeHouse and Grace Hopper Event Attendees Only
- Palo Alto, CA
VMware recognizes that today's students are tomorrow's trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
Intern here. Transform everywhere.
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you're connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it's the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
We have the journey for you!
As well as working for one of the best technology companies in the world, under the leadership of the best CEO (voted by Glassdoor), you'll create innovative solutions and solve complex problems. You'll take ownership of meaningful, big-picture projects and springboard an impactful career. Become immersed in all aspects of our innovative and collaborative culture, and ensure you get the full VMware experience. You'll interact with industry thought leaders at one of our world class campuses and enjoy networking, community service, and career development events.
We are looking for Interns interested in operating systems, systems software and distributed systems. Engineers get to design and implement novel operating systems techniques and algorithms for VMware Products. You'll work with various teams to design and deliver new functionality, mainly targeted for virtualization workloads.
Do you see yourself at VMware doing good work during summer 2020 that will propel you into the next steps of your career in systems? Then come join the VMware and be a part of an organization that will help build out the next stage career journey.
We are hiring for the following teams:
End User Computing, Storage Applications, Networking Security, Cloud Platform, Cloud Native, Cloud Management Business Unit
- Drive the platform forward with your understanding of the technology's capabilities and potential applications.
- Solve problems in the low-level systems and networking domains
- Build skills in managing and collaborating on large projects
- Contribute to Multi-platform (Windows, Linux, MacOS) software development
Required Skills (vary depending on role in R&D):
- Completing a Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Passionate about technology and how it is changing the world for the better, especially within the cloud computing technologies space
- Coursework in progress or completed in (some) of the following: operating systems, distributed systems, cloud computing, networking, story, data mining, web development, user interface design
- Knowledge in one or more of the following: C, Java, C++, Python, Go, HTML, CSS, Angular JS
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Experience with writing high-quality, well-architected and well-documented code
- Previous internship experience
- Experience developing client-server or distributed, multithreaded applications
- School or industry projects involving significant design and development
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate ideas in a precise and concise manner
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top