Intern- Product Development- Cloud Native Applications
VMware recognizes that today's students are tomorrow's trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
Intern here. Transform everywhere.
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you're connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it's the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
We have the journey for you!
As well as working for one of the best technology companies in the world, under the leadership of the best CEO (voted by Glassdoor), you'll create innovative solutions and solve complex problems.
The cloud native team has internship opportunities for open source engineers. Do you want experience participating in cutting edge projects like Kubernetes? Do you enjoy connecting things together? Are you interested in APIs, interfaces, software infrastructure, cloud, automation, and containers? If so then consider joining our internship program at VMware. We are an innovative company and we want you to bring diverse viewpoints to help deliver the best solutions. We are an equal opportunity company with fair hiring practices. .
As an Intern at VMware, you'll create innovative solutions and solve complex problems. You'll take ownership of meaningful, big-picture projects and springboard an impactful career. Become immersed in all aspects of our innovative and collaborative culture, and ensure you get the full VMware experience. You'll interact with industry thought leaders at one of our world class campuses and enjoy networking, community service, and career development events.
- Author and contribute code to relevant projects
- Collaborate in open software architecture planning and design meetings and tools
- Communicate effectively in development teams and group settings
- Publicly discuss relevant topics through meetups, conferences, and blog posts
- Pursuing Bachelor's, Master's or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
- Properly communicates and presents problems and solutions across diverse audiences
- Coursework (in some) of the following: Algorithms, Data Structures, Machine Learning, Compliers, Networking, Distributed Systems, Analytics, Web Development
- Knowledge in programming languages: Go programming
- History of open source software contribution and collaboration (GitHub)
- Experience with cloud environments on and off-premise (AWS, Azure, GCE, OpenStack, VMware)
- Experience with compiled languages (Golang, C++, Java)- Golang highly preferred
- Experience with other container schedulers, runtimes, and platforms (Cloud Foundry, Docker, Mesos)
- Experience with DevOps tools and services for automation, developer efficiency, and testing (Travis, Terraform, Vagrant)
- Experience developing client-server or distributed, multithreaded applications
- Exposure to SaaS or FaaS, modeling/optimization techniques
- Previous internship experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently
- Strong teamwork and communication skill
- Willingness to contribute to open source projects is a plus
We hire interns in the following location for this team:
Palo Alto, CA
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top