Intern - IT Colleague Support Engineer
- Munich, Germany
VMware seeks a motivated Colleague Support Engineering Intern who possesses an excellent customer service attitude, a great deal of creativeness in troubleshooting and problem solving, and who has proven ability to help maintain our local IT infrastructure. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all local laptops/printers and the ability to assist remote teams in maintaining local servers, network and telecoms equipment to ensure optimal performance.
The person will troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated a clear ability to function well in a fast-paced environment, and most importantly, has the requisite skills to work well in a remote team.
A key requirement of this role is the ability to work as an integral part of the regional business unit, representing IT in a professional manner to the local business teams and senior management. Part of this requirement will involve crossing over into different functional areas and ensuring that the IT requirements are met in these relevant spaces from a pricing, pre-and post-sales, and services aspect.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers' digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com .
VMware IT Colleague Experience and Technology provides technology services and support, enabling efficiency, simplicity and productivity to our colleagues. The organization additionally supports the company in its growth as the global leader in cloud infrastructure by developing and showcasing VMware products and technology.
Job Role and Responsibility:
- Serve as Level 2 support to the service desk to resolve endpoint device issues as reported by the end users.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot hardware, including desktops, laptops, and peripheral equipment.
- Implement software packages, including operating systems, system releases and desktop software.
- Able to proactively support and troubleshoot audio and video system in meeting rooms and all hands area.
- Configure mobile devices including but not limited to phones and tablets.
- Determine solutions for network security, provide Spyware, Adware and virus protection.
- Manage the asset database, purchase and dispose equipment based on requirements.
- Solve end user IT incidents by the methods as in person, by telephone, via e-mail or remote assist tools in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Assist remotely on network, server operations to maintain IT infrastructure.
- Introduce and educate users on new services and tools.
- Must be an intern currently studying at a University
- Experience or exposure to IT desktop support technology
- Studying a degree related to Computer Science and/or technology
- Good communications skills.
- Motivation to collaborate and manage individual tasks
- Fluency in German and English
- Available for full time 6 month Internship
- Eligibility to work in Germany
- Familiarity with MAC OSX/Windows/Linux and proficient in Microsoft Office applications, SCCM, McAfee or other Enterprise Antivirus software.
- Knowledge of Apple iOS/Android mobile devices.
- Experience or exposure in networking, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, network segmentation, OSI model, etc.
- Experience with VMware virtualization products, Workstation, Fusion, vSphere is a big plus.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top