Intern, Information Technologies - IT Applications Development
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you're connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it's the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
Job Role and Responsibilities:
As an intern, you will participate in developing cloud native applications that adhere to micro services and 12 factor application principles. You should be able to comprehend existing application architectures and demonstrate the technical capabilities to design and deploy micro services based distributed systems at enterprise scale.
You will create innovative solutions and solve complex problems. You will take ownership of meaningful, big-picture work and springboard an impactful career. Become immersed in all aspects of our innovative and collaborative culture, and ensure you get the full VMware experience. You will get opportunities to interact with industry thought leaders at one of our world class campuses and enjoy networking, community service, and career development events.
As an Intern:
- You love to learn and to dig into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly
- You have strong technical programming skills and can easily switch between programming languages including Java, Python or Shell scripting
- You enjoy working with some of the best engineers, architects and learning from them
- You normally set high standards for yourself and strive to excel and to innovate
- Pursuing a BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Results-driven mindset with the ability to multitask and navigate through ambiguity
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate ideas in a precise and concise manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in collaborative, cross functional, and multi-cultural teams
- Java / Spring / Netflix OSS / Rabbit MQ / Redis
- Single-page web application architecture
- API's integration: SOAP and REST Webservices, SSO implementation (SAML, OAuth)
- SQL (Oracle, MySOL); NoSQL (MongoDB)
- Continuous Integration, Automated Deployment Strategies
Please note that while anyone with a legal right to work in the U.S. may apply for this role, VMware is not presently sponsoring work visas for the entry-level roles for which these Internships may prepare you.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top