Intern – GSS Technical Support Triage Engineer
VMware's Technical Support Engineers support over 250,000 companies running VMware products in over 100 different countries. You will support the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners, interfacing with them via the phone, email, and web. You'll resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction and troubleshooting by utilizing system administration, networking and storage troubleshooting skills.
This team is seeking individuals with a real passion for assisting customers and solving difficult technical issues.
- Respond to customer inquiries, primarily by telephone, remote sessions, and e-mail
- Provide initial scoping of customer technical issues and escalate to Tier 2 and Tier 3 technical staff as required.
- Collaborate with experienced engineers troubleshooting complex environments, reviewing logs and communicating detailed action plans
- Resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting
- Document all technical inquiries, develop and review content for knowledgebase
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in CIS/MIS, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math or equivalent
- Experience with troubleshooting hardware and software related issues.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft (Windows Server 2008 and newer), linux, plus x86 platforms, devices, and networking
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Please note that while anyone with a legal right to work in United States may apply for this role, VMware is not presently sponsoring work visas for the entry-level roles for which these Internships may prepare you.
Back to top