Intern – Accounting – Record to Report
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you're connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it's the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
Job Role and Responsibilities:
We are searching for a talented, dynamic, and hands-on Intern to be part of VMware's Global Accounting Operations group located in Palo Alto, CA. As part of the team responsible for leading process assessments, you will work closely with key partners on projects to drive process improvements and automation for the global, end-to-end general accounting processes.
As a member of the Global Accounting Operations team, your responsibilities will include:
- Help lead key projects within the Record-to-Record functions
- Work cross functionally with key partners throughout the finance organization
- Help with the execution of ongoing strategic projects and initiatives within the global accounting operations organization
- Other ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Pursuing Bachelor's degree in Accounting or relevant field of study
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Results-driven mindset with the ability to multitask and navigate through ambiguity
- Confidence, good judgement, energy and personality to work in a dynamic, multi-business unit environment across all levels of management
- Motivated self-learner with the passion and follow-through to acquire new skills
- MS Excel, Access, Oracle, SAP or related systems and tools skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
Please note that while anyone with a legal right to work in the United States may apply for this role, VMware is not presently sponsoring work visas for the entry-level roles for which these Internships may prepare you.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top