Inside Sales Manager-Federal-VA
VMware, a global leader in cloud infrastructure and digital workspace technology, accelerates digital transformation by enabling unprecedented freedom and flexibility in how our customers build and evolve IT environments. With VMware solutions, organizations are improving business agility by modernizing Data centers and integrating public clouds, driving innovation with modern apps, creating exceptional experiences by empowering the digital workspace, and safeguarding customer trust by transforming security. VMware is a member of the Dell Technologies family of businesses.
This position will be based in our Reston, VA office and will require up to 25% travel.
(VMware Inside Sales Team is based out of Austin, Texas with satellite sites in both Atlanta, Georgia and Reston, Virginia.)
Job Role and Responsibilities:
As the Inside Sales Manager (ISM) will be responsible for building and managing a team of Inside Sales Representatives (ISRs) for their specific portfolio. The ISRs are responsible for meeting and exceeding a sales quota by excelling at key critical success factors, including outbound calls, opportunity identification, pipeline maturation and up-sell/cross-sell. They are expected to be trusted advisors on the topic of cloud computing and services and VMware's portfolio of Cloud Management offerings.
You will report to a Director within the Sales Organization and will generally split your time 50/50 between developing the team and customer interfacing calls.
You will be a great fit for this Inside Sales Manager role if you are strong in the following three areas:
• The Inside Sales Manager will possess strong leadership skills and demonstrate the ability to develop an effective sales strategy to ensure both short- and long-term goals are achieved. you will be able to build a positive, fun place to work in a dynamic, demanding startup-like environment.
• The Inside Sales Manager will recruit, hire, develop, and lead a specialized sales team. In this role you will become a professional on the services portfolio and will be responsible for hands on training for the ISRs (live training, role playing, call monitoring and joint selling). In addition, as the ISM you will work collaboratively with other VMware teams to drive significant cross-sell, up-sell opportunities.
• In this role you will track daily, weekly and monthly activity metrics on your team to ensure the ISRs are always spending their time on the highest value actions . The Inside Sales Manager will understand VMware's urgency and execution for success every 90 days.
• Must understand the Federal budget and sales cycle
• Must have 5+ years working knowledge of the Federal marketplace, specifically, major customers, distributors, resellers, system integrators, vendors etc.
• Must be aware of major Federal contracts, buying vehicles, and programs
• Minimum of 7 years in a quota carrying sales role with proven achievement in meeting sales quota
• Ability to establish and nurture strong internal/customer/channel focused relationships and work seamlessly within a matrix led environment
• Excellent ability to forecast, set goals and objectives, and monitor sales activity
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
• BA/BS Degree
You will be the strongest applicant for this role if you have a track record of success in accelerating sales results, motivating change, and leading with passion within an Inside Sales organization. We are searching for a validated leader who has poise, dedication, thoughtfulness, and a true care for individuals and VMware.
• Achieve sales goals by hiring, organizing and directing quota-carrying inside sales personnel
• Collaborate with field management team on coverage of accounts
• Identify and establish effective recruiting solutions
• Develop and retain an inside sales team of professionals who consistently achieve their quota while delivering customer satisfaction that ensures consistent repeat business
• Conduct weekly or bimonthly 1:1s to monitor progress, provide feedback, and address Inside Sales issues/concerns
• Day-to-day management of the human resource aspects of the role that include: supervising, mentoring and counseling, performance appraisal, providing performance improvement/educational opportunities (including on-the-job-training); and, when needed, applying dynamic discipline and/or termination
• Create and implement Inside Sales career development plans
• Conduct quarterly self-assigned initiatives/projects that benefit the overall organization
• Organize and conduct quarterly Inside Sales team events
• Work in conjunction with the company designated training resources to insure appropriate tools and learning opportunities are provided to your team
• Work in conjunction with the Marketing organization to develop lead generating, fulfillment and tracking mechanisms that drive new opportunity and understanding of the designated market
• Create and direct effective reactive and dedicated programs for inside sales
*This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
VMware, is an EPIC2 community (read about values and our journey on our career page: https://careers.vmware.com/life-at-vmware). We have been listed on Fortune's 100 Best Places to Work several times. We enjoy helping our people grow professionally and personally. Our employees are passionate and enthusiastic, and they come to work every day to help transform the impossible into the essential. We challenge the status quo by inventing better ways of doing things. Our culture is one of possibilities where everyone is inspired to achieve success on their own terms.
If you think that this position and our culture are right for you, we would love to hear from you.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top