Do you have an in-depth knowledge of the Retail & Consumer Goods sector? Can you identify an opportunity then build and animate an EMEA sales community?
As a Business Development Director at VMware you'll be responsible for defining the opportunities in the Retail & Consumer Goods market. Working across regions you will set standard methodologies, craft solutions as well as plan and support the roll out of Go To Market activities. Sales Enablement plans for the Retail & Consumer Goods sector and promoting VMware technologies to industry bodies will also fall under you.
Our industry model is designed to achieve three outcomes; Credibility, Capability and Influence. You will be responsible to deliver against these three priorities - to build VMware's credibility and relevance within Retail and Consumer Goods, to enable the sales and extended sales teams to enhance and leverage the capabilities VMware has to drive value for these clients, and to Influence internal and external (customer and market) stakeholders to VMware's vision and strategy.
You will take charge of differentiating VMware's product offering in this strategic market and building a cohesive message to deliver VMware's vision. Your efforts in supporting sales generating deals, providing solutions and content, supporting partners and customers will all be geared toward setting the standard for the market and creating momentum in sales.
This is an Individual contributor role, working tightly with other go-to-market functions (e.g. Advisory Services consulting, Pre-Sales engineering, Product Business Units) to drive a core expert group, ultimately to further scale the Industry dimension.
WHAT WILL THIS ROLE INVOLVE?
- Identify the market requirements of the Retail & Consumer Goods industry and identify key market trends and opportunities.
- Know our competition, integrate our partner network and its capabilities, effectively define/align the positioning and value proposition messaging throughout all our industry solution GTM activities and materials.
- Create and animate a EMEA market sales community. Foster sales and other relevant functions, including our partners, to create a common approach to the market.
- Bring to bear acquired expertise and experience within the countries, delivering a vertical sales momentum.
- Accelerate the creation of industry assets & sales plays and drive repeatability
- Identify the most effective practices to be replicated across countries. Deliver supporting material and sales enablement, provide industry expertise to the field and partners with content. Create customer reference sheets to help accelerate the pipeline growth.
- Integrate market trends and VMware and partners' capabilities to craft creative solutions to customer needs.
- Directly support sales in large deal opportunities. Deliver customer facing presentations & elaboration of value propositions and proposals including through the partner eco system.
- Deliver Sales Enablement through the vertical sales community leading to increased capability to address a business and functional customer audience.
- Develop appropriate messaging and solution content. This includes white papers, presentations brochures, data sheets and web pages for this vertical market.
- Be a spokesperson at events, conferences, trade shows, press relations, etc
- Vast experience in Retail & Consumer Goods (driving a digital agenda for organizations, via working in IT or a line of business, or for example from working in one of the Big 5 consulting companies)
- Strong consultative mind-set and ability to uncover business challenges
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills coupled with strong leadership and problem solving abilities.
- Credible customer-facing and executive presence
- Excellent relationship building skills and business acumen
- A holistic and detailed understanding of IT and how technology can accelerate business growth with an understanding of security threats and breaches
- Seen as Industry thought leader with in-depth understanding of the trends, opportunities and impact of technology to the Retail & Consumer Goods Industry, in a "digital world".
- Ability to run seminars, workshops and forums with different stakeholders, including executive level
- Experience of public speaking, especially at industry events to large audiences; ideally press trained and experienced in seeing and discussing "the big picture"
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
This position can be located in the UK, Germany or France.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.