HR Management Partner
- Tokyo, Japan
Our "North Star" is creating the most outstanding managers in the industry where the absolutely best talent in the marketplace aspire to work for VMware. As HR Management Partners (HRMPs), we focus on coaching, mentoring and guiding people managers at all levels to lead and manage their team members to create an incredibly diverse, inclusive and fulfilling work culture. This results in our team members doing their best work, learning voraciously, fulfilling their career dreams and having a whole lot of fun along the way.
We are looking for a passionate, high energy, collaborative and forward-thinking HR leader to be an HR Management Partner within VMware's fastest growing market globally. The Management Partner role at VMware provides direct HR partnership to people managers from front-line through executives. In this unique role, focused on building manager capability and effectiveness, you will coach and mentor managers on people related programs and/or issues. You will also spend time coaching managers to build people management capability and mindset. In this role you are expected to partner in designing and delivery of VMware's people programs. The work includes meeting with and coaching managers one on one or in group, conducting group training sessions and being a liaison between the managers and various HR Centers of Excellence (COEs).
If you are passionate about leading change, enjoy a fast-paced work environment and love to create, this is the perfect job for you.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Facilitating people managers to drive their people strategy
- Partnering, consulting and coaching people managers to Implement key HR programs and plans to support the Company's strategic objectives
- Coaching and developing manager capability to enable growth within our management and leadership populations
- Supporting Global, Regional and local HR People Programs by:
- Educating and coaching managers on people programs including: compensation planning, performance management, goal setting, talent segmentation, training, employee engagement survey, etc.
- Conducting project work in partnership with various HR Centres of Excellence in support of the development and implementation of HR programs
- Providing feedback and business insights to HR Centres of Excellence
- Assisting managers with policy interpretation and compliance
- On-boarding new managers, as well as managers who are new to VMware
- Partnering with managers in Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) efforts by driving specific components of the D&I plan and ensuring the integration of such activities into all standard HR processes and procedures
- Educating and partnering with people managers on effective performance management strategies
- 8 to 10 years of HR Generalist experience with direct client support and management coaching experience
- Knowledge of employment laws and practices in Japan
- Demonstrated competence in the various HR functional areas: compensation; management development; coaching; leadership development, performance management, employee relations, etc.
- Must have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Can operate within an environment which is fast paced and constantly evolving
- Is adept at working in a matrixed and global work environment
- Can embrace and synthesis diverse global perspectives
- Has a solid tolerance for ambiguity and is able to translate this into tangible and actionable results
- Relevant HR qualification or related discipline
- Experience in fast paced Product Sales organizations will be preferred.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top