High Performance Computing (HPC) and Machine Learning (ML) Technologist – Office of the CTO
- Palo Alto, CA
The Office of the CTO's Advanced Technology Group is looking for a senior technologist who is passionate about technology and innovation. In the Advanced Technology Group, we focus on impactful near-term (1-3 year) co-innovation through better alignment and collaboration with R&D product teams, our global field technology partners, customers and external partners, startups, and newly acquired companies.
The position requires business and technical acumen, problem solving skills, multitasking ability and attention to quality and detail. The job is in a fast-paced environment and requires a dynamic individual to succeed who is adept at applying critical thought and driving themselves and others to outstanding results. This is a hands-on, technical thought leadership role.
What are we looking for in a Technologist?
As the candidate, you must be results-oriented, capable of synthesizing and abstracting complex information into clear messages. You must have experience driving cross-organizational issues and projects to resolution; and excellent written and oral communications skills.
In this role your focus will be on High Performance Computing and Machine Learning as part of a team with a two-fold mission:
- Enabling VMware business by creating technical proof points and working with customers, partners, our field organization, and product BUs to advance virtualized HPC & ML
- Driving alignment of VMware's internal and external ML strategies and fostering excellence in ML across the company through alignment, community-building, education, and collaboration to support VMware technology and business use cases
- Evangelize the use of virtualization for HPC and ML both externally and internally
- Collaborate across VMware and with customers and partners to create prototypes, reference architectures, and solutions
- Author technical papers and other documents to promote the VMware viewpoints on HPC and ML
- Lead workstreams to enhance VMware's ML & HPC capabilities
- Build strong working relationships across organizational boundaries and with customers and partners
- Apply creative problem-solving skills to strategic questions; Deliver analytically rigorous and data driven insights to support strategic direction and prioritization
- A deep knowledge of HPC environments and technologies
- Experience with Machine Learning at an algorithmic and infrastructure level
- Strong architectural skills and current scripting/coding skills
- Passionate about technology and exploring new areas
- Ability to manage multiple fast-paced, high-visibility projects
- Able to influence people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum ten years of experience as a senior technical contributor in industry
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top