Head of User Research (Remote Opportunity)
- Palo Alto, CA
Head of User Research
As we transform VMware's user experience and focus on growing our design team, we're putting focus into growing and better aligning our user research team across VMware Design.
That's where you, an experienced research leader, come in. The VMware Design team is looking for an experienced leader to head our user research efforts across VMware Design. The head of user research will be responsible for setting vision and strategy for research within the design team and will be working with user researchers on the team to build the fundamentals of user research across VMware, grow the research team, and work closely with the product design and product management teams to integrate research and user validation throughout the design process especially as we transform and grow the wider VMware Design team.
You will start by working with our existing research team to better establish, integrate, and grow research within vSphere and our management products to bring research to more products within VMware.
As the head of user research, you will also be responsible to work closely with our data analytics teams to build the right tools, collect the right data, and set the strategy and vision for how we collect and analyze data for research purposes across our on-prem and SaaS product portfolio.
You'll be joining a world-class company to establish a world-class research program, contribute to a SaaS and design transformation, and work closely with cross-functional teams to impact the daily lives of hundreds of thousands of customers using VMware products.
· Have the passion and ability to articulate your vision, work with the research, product design, management, and development teams to understand needs, drive execution, and deploy research resources where they can be most effective.
· Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods.
· Push the boundaries of research beyond just validation to make sure we're looking at the short- and long-term strategy of our products and that our users' voice is there in every part of the product development process from inception, through execution, to shipping, and beyond.
· Embrace accountability. Move fast, make new mistakes, learn from them, and grow.
· Hands-on experience driving strategic and tactical research in collaboration with senior leaders of design, product management, and engineering.
· Experience managing, leading, and coaching high-performing product design researchers before.
· Experience shaping an organization's perspective on product design research.
· Experience in agile methodologies, lean UX, and helping teams deliver great design work faster.
· Examples you can share on how you mentored and helped researchers grow within an organization.
· Experience as a leader who listens carefully, communicates well, and has the ability to empower and inspire user researchers.
· Examples of influencing teams to become more user-centered and have projects to share where you or your team's insights lead to better results.
· Examples of experimentation with research methods.
This position is eligible for the GrowDesign referral campaign.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top