Group Product Line Marketing Manager - Multi-Cloud Offerings
- Palo Alto, CA
VMware Cloud Services Business Unit (CSBU) is responsible for leading VMware's multi-cloud efforts with solutions spanning VMC on AWS, VMC on Dell , VCPP and all Hyperscaler solutions for VMWare on Azure , Google Cloud and others .
Are you passionate about marketing great products and solutions? Do you want to build up a new high impact business intersecting two major industry trends: increasing demand for enterprise resiliency, and easy-to-consume cloud services? If so, then Group Product Line Marketing Manager position is right for you.
This position will be responsible for the strategic GTM product marketing function; covering business strategy for the Oracle VMware solution and Google VMware Solutions and drive VMware efforts across the multi-cloud portfolio. This is an exciting opportunity to transform the customer journey from on premise and perpetual to the new multi-cloud and subscription operating business model.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Track record of delivering launch and marketing deliverables
- Cloud customer knowledge and judgment
- Experience in AWS, GCP or Microsoft Azure is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Credible presenter of a business value backed by technical depth
- Collaborative person in a highly matrixed environment
- Foster strong relationships with multiple cross functional business units and product teams for driving solution stacks that aggregate multiple offerings
- Engage directly with the field sales teams on enabling business value conversations with customers , strategic deal structuring and analysis and approvals framework for deal exceptions
- 10+ years of experience in Information Technology and Cloud Infrastructures, with at least 6 years of relevant work experience in Strategic Marketing areas in a Technology company
- Ability to create customer-facing presentation content independently, author detailed market research documents, and conduct pricing and packaging proposals
- Ability to analyze and synthesize large volume of data and deal with complex uncertain scenarios and incomplete information
- Ability to communicate at an executive level with compelling , clear , logical and data driven arguments
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills, comfortable delivering presentations to large audiences on an international scale.
- Intellectual curiosity & willingness to take ownership of deliverables.
- The person must have a strong work ethic, expressing dedication to the business and pursuit of the agreed-to business agendas.
- BSCS degree or equivalent, MBA preferred.
- Top tier management consulting experience in Tech sector preferred
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top