Golang Engineer for Analytics Platform
- Sofia, Bulgaria
We are seeking creative and capable problem solvers and critical thinkers with growth mindsets to join our Analytics Platform team. First and foremost, our team and this position is all about building the infrastructure for large scale data acquisition and processing. If you are passionate about building a novel virtual data lake with federation, time-travel and transactional capabilities, we would love to have you in our team.Requirements and preferred skills:
- 2 or more years as a software developer, preferably in Go, C++ and/or Java.
- Experience in software development, specifically in distributed computing environments or Big Data platforms.
- Strong background in data structures and algorithms
- Passion for distributed highly scalable systems.
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL, MPP databases and columnar data storage formats like Parquet and ORC.
- Advanced knowledge of BI concepts and data processing (e.g. ETL, data aggregation and analysis) is a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- EducationTechnical undergraduate Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering degree required and an advanced degree would be highly desirable.
This position is eligible for JoinTaurus Referral Campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top