Global PS Regional Director
VMware Professional Services helps customers unleash the power of VMware technology to drive their desired outcomes. Our broad expertise, deep knowledge of VMware technology and concentrated focus on our customers' business and IT goals, helps them to reduce risk and complexity, accelerate adoption, strengthen their team's skills, and drive innovation.
We are outcome-focused, holistic, and consultative in accelerating customer value, developing and executing strategies across people, process and technology that build progressive capabilities in our customers' organizations. We not only help customers get the most out of VMware software, we help them extend their aperture beyond what they thought was possible, then build and execute a plan to get there.
VMwareProfessional Servicesis committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in the latest cloud, mobility and security technologies and solutions. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
We are looking for conscientious and responsible individuals who can build on our successful track record and come with us on the next stage of our journey!
As a PS Sales Regional Director, you will be an a services sales leader across large complex accounts within the Global Accounts Segmen.
You will lead a team of Client Solutions Executives who are responsible for driving and coordinating, both internally and externally, with our clients and partner community large scale customized VMware services solutions. These solutions span cloud computing, mobility computing and infrastructure computing. This role has the ability to think through complex and complicated requirements across our services portfolio with a keen ability to customize solutions for our largest clients across our product/services portfolio.
*** This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
- Strategically drive new business in selected accounts in close synergy with the account teams and manage assigned services sales and revenue targets.
- Use specialty expertise to penetrate the segment and evangelize VMware solutions to customers on a partnership basis, or act as a dedicated resource to other strategic accounts.
- Take a leadership role and accountability in working with cross-functional teams to develop winning proposals and submissions (RFQs, RFIs, RFPs).
- Drive to partner externally and within our extended partner eco-system to work collaboratively to not only craft the technology solution but also drive the services sales process through the contractual and procurement process of the client and our partner community.
- Mentor, share and provide guidance to our clients, partners and internal constituents (CSEs).
- As a Senior level sales leader, his individual provides feedback to our operations, delivery and contractual teams to better elevate our business and operational process.
- Assist and provide guidance to negotiate complex contracts, understanding the negotiation strategy and developing a clear negotiation plan that internal stakeholders agree with. This includes both deal-based commercials as well as help develop global contact constructs with key clients.
- Work with the Channel and Alliance teams to identify and formalize relationships with key partners and 3rd parties involved in the advising on and selling of Software Defined Datacenter (SDDC) and End User Computing (EUC), solutions.
- Manage virtual sales teams assigned to proposal, SOW and work order creation and contracts required for business execution.
- Manage forecasting expectations on bookings and revenue metrics across the respective CSE team.
- Manage pipeline management requirements and coordinate for key initiatives to drive and grow services strategy and opportunities across the region.
- Report key metrics (revenue and opportunity forecast, pipeline, opportunity status, challenges, and needs) accurately and in a timely manner.
- Lead and participate in weekly sales meetings to present/assess the status of all existing pipeline of leads, opportunities as well as potential future target companies and pursuit strategies.
- Align with appropriate delivery teams to leverage follow-on business from one delivery project to another. Attend to major Project Milestones and executive Reviews.
- Play a leadership role as an expert in the field and act as a mentor/teacher to other team members.
- A minimum of 10+ years as a Consulting sales or integration professional in the technology space, or related outside industry experience with focused experience selling into fortune 50 accounts.
- Demonstrated knowledge in Digital Transformation and Cloud Services with emphasis on board experience in virtualization, storage, security, networking and/or data center technologies, as well as User Application focus
- A seasoned solution-oriented leader who can drive and coordinate, both internally and externally, with our clients and partner community large scale customized VMware services solutions. This individual has the ability to think through complex and complicated requirements across our services portfolio with a keen ability to customize solutions for our largest clients across our product/services portfolio. In addition, has the ability, prescience and forethought to understand where our technology roadmap is moving while driving current state solutions.
- Understands the prioritization, tempo, urgency, complexity and customization needed to work in a matrix & fluid, but also a process-oriented environment. This individual understands that the correct answer might not exist but finds an avenue to yes via consensus and dogged determination to succeed. This individual understand that these complex global oriented solutions require a teaming approach where all parties must contribute while still understanding that the solution opportunity must close in a timely manner. This individual holds the extended team accountable while building the solution
- This individual has complex contract negotiation experience, understands negotiation strategy and can develop a clear negotiation plan that internal stakeholders agree with. This individual will have to negotiate both deal-based commercials as well as help develop global contract constructs with key clients.
- Must have strong process adherence skills to ensure multiple sales cycles are executed from opportunity identification to delivery execution, ensuring all required elements are completed efficiently.
- Comprehensive knowledge of budget cycles, procurement processes, and contract vehicles
- Experience in business marketing/coordination and submission of winning proposals (RFQs, RFIs, RFPs), effective contract negotiations, appropriate/applicable interpretation of contract terms and conditions, issue identification, risk mitigation and ensuring post-win customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated experience in closing large, solution-oriented opportunities
- Experience in proactively managing a regional sales territory, to include evangelizing VMware technology, identifying and pursuing consulting opportunities and generating new or incremental business.
- Demonstrated expertise in consultative solution selling and business development skills to align the customer's needs with our solution to drive sales and close deals.
- Must be aggressive self-starter with strong relationship management and negotiation skills
- Have excellent written, verbal and formal presentation skills to client audiences ranging from technical implementers through CTO/CIO levels.
- Ability to coordinate, navigate and motivate the range of internal/external influencers to select and implement virtualization and mobility solutions.
- Know strength and weaknesses of key competitors in the Cloud computing, virtualization, mobility and security industry and how to leverage this knowledge.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
Certification and Education:
- BS in Computer Science or other technical field; or related experience and education.
Why Choose VMware?
- Make an impact on your career path; grow professionally and personally by accessing our in-house learning & development opportunities & education assistance program.
- Voice your creative solutions to new and existing problems and watch them become initiatives.
- Thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis reflects our values of Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community.
- Earn a competitive compensation package with performance- based bonuses and increases, a generous benefits package that really takes care of your needs and unexpected perks that make working here fun!
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top