Global Client Director
- Charlotte, NC
Global Client Director
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 Enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
The VMware Global Account Program serves approximately 100 of VMware's largest customers. These premier accounts are managed by a team of experienced Global Client Directors (GCDs) and Global Account Managers (GAM) with the objective to establish a significant VMWare footprint in the largest and most influential corporations worldwide. Our selling is focused on our customers primary business initiatives and connecting our value to our customers business value. Our Value Selling strategy is the investment of time, talent and technology from VMWare and our partners to invent (transform) our customers business for their benefit. This strategic objective is being accomplished using a highly focused and experienced account management, marketing, and engineering teams, as well as substantial executive level engagement.
Job Role and Responsibility:
The Global Client Director role is an account sales leader, a people manager and a business leader. This leader will have responsibility for the overall account strategy & management including the creation and execution of a business-outcome based strategic account plan, goal obtainment and revenue growth.
The Global Client Director will serve as the executive contact across the customer on behalf of VMware, communicating VMware's unique value. They must maintain a peer-level relationship and trusted advisor status at the C-suite and board level of their customer.
The Global Client Director will be directly supported by one or more Global Account Executives, in addition to several matrix sales specialists and partner resources to ensure value-added benefits and deeper/wider reach into the customer. They are responsible for managing the entire ecosystem required to support the customer (internal and external), and they lead the extended resources supporting the account through a value-based, consultative selling approach.
- Responsible for the master strategy for the global strategic account and ensures the strategy is executed
- Maintains high touch and trusted advisor status with the customer establishing trust
- Oversees and implements business case & value selling strategies which align the customer's needs, up to the Board/C-Suite, to VMware solutions and services including the development of business cases with specific metrics & ROIs identified
- Rapidly understand VMware, its direct markets, channels and resources and assess quickly where additional support and emphasis is required.
- Constructs and sells large multi-product, integrated solutions and services utilizing strategic partnerships which drive business outcomes
- Manages tactical business while investing in larger, longer term strategic opportunities
- Manage contract and pricing strategy
- Lead and co-ordinate on a global basis the activities of pre-sales (systems engineering), consulting (post-sales/implementation/professional services), channel managers and marketing, working with functional leaders to ensure the right skills and resources are made available in support of global sales activity.
- Responsible for significant key partner relationship management and development
- Build or expand the Global Account sales team if needed, by recruiting and developing a world class sales team capable of selling a complex software stack in a solution selling model.
- Team leader providing professional leadership and coordination for the account team
- Be Operationally Excellent in the day-to-day running of the business including (but not limited to) forecasting, pipeline development, training, certifications, hiring, performance management, collaboration, teamwork, and best practice sharing.
- At least 15 years of experience in technology sales including global sales and solution selling experience with a bachelor's degree; at least 12 years of experience with a Master's degree; or at least 8 years of experience with a PhD; and 5 years managerial experience or equivalent years of experience
- Experience working with Board and C-Suite level executives at Fortune 500 companies and in building necessary business relationships throughout the customer's organization
- Proven sales leadership in a global software organization with significant matrixed sales management responsibility.
- Experience of driving, shaping and executing large, global deals.
- Specific evidence of having built or substantially increased software license revenues.
- Technical wherewithal to lead sales of existing and emerging leading-edge technologies.
- Experience of commercial and contractual negotiations with a complex set of customers with international reach.
- Will have built and developed an exceptional team of specialty sales professionals.
- Ability to influence and collaborate in a highly matrixed global organization whilst taking ownership for clear and far reaching decisions.
- Demonstrated track record of proven success within past sales roles
- Proven experience managing in a matrix work environment
- Knowledgeable in all facets of compute technologies
- Travel up to 50% of the time
Our team looks for candidates who embody our 'EPIC2' values - Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community. Team members who are logically curious, interpersonal, customer focused and able to find the humor in situations tend to thrive at VMware.
- Established and referenceable relationships with key contacts at C-Suite and/or board level within designated account
- International Sales experience highly preferred
- Familiar with Target Account Selling or another established sales methodology
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team
- Self-starter with a high level of commitment and energy
This position is eligible for the JoinGlobals referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top