Global Accounts APAC Telco Regional Director (RD)
- Ponca City, OK
The VMware Global Account Program serves approximately 100 of VMware's largest customers. These premier accounts are managed by a team of experienced Global Account Managers (GAM) partnered with a Global Solutions Consultant (GSC) with the objective to establish a significant VMWare footprint in the largest and most influential corporations worldwide. The leaders of these customer-focused resources are our Global Regional Directors (RDs).
Our selling is focused on our customers primary business initiatives and connecting our value to our customers business value. Our Value Selling strategy is the investment of time, talent and technology from VMWare and our partners to invent (transform) our customers business for their benefit. This strategic objective is being accomplished using a highly focused and experienced account management, marketing, and engineering teams, as well as substantial executive level engagement.
The Global Accounts APAC Telco Regional Director (RD) will have responsibility for the telco market development within our APAC region in addition to leading, managing and coaching a team of Global Account Managers to drive VMware sales for a region which include some of the most significant accounts within the VMware portfolio. While most of the account teams will be matrixed into this leader, this leader will be responsible for ensuring their team execute global consistency, global engagement, global relationships, and ultimately revenue generation that exceeds defined targets.
With this growth, we seek talented and motivated individuals who can lead our field sales teams.
- This person will be responsible for building and leading an experienced sales team (matrixed and direct)
- Must possess strong leadership skills and the ability to build a territory strategy to ensure both short and long-term goals, objectives and quotas for the sales teams.
- Build Regional sales plans that drive business through direct selling, indirect selling through a multitude of channel partners, and local demand generation.
- Split time between leading/coaching teams, meeting with customers & partners and developing the overall telco market strategy within the APAC region.
- Work closely with extended sales resources
- Work closely with the headquartered account team team in order to plan & execute cohesive sales campaigns
- Maintains operational command of the business through forecasting accuracy, planning, structure large ELA deals, negotiate deals & partnerships, and orchestrate a broad mix of resources
- Inspired Leader: Ability to lead, motivate, manage and coach a team of individual contributors to achieve their objectives.
- Coach/Mentor: The ability coach and mentor all members of their team to help drive their professional success as an individual and as a member of the team
- Executive Presence: Possesses a blend of temperament, competencies and skills that empower the ability to command a room and hold business-led conversations at the C- level
- Globally-Minded: Understands the global aspects and cultures surrounding their customer and the various countries in which they operate
- Consultative: Able to identify the customer's pain points and needs then suggest solutions to satisfy those needs in support of their team
- Challenger: Able to help their team push the customer's thinking through a value-centric conversation educating them on new ways our solutions can provide benefits to their company
- Innovative: Adapts communication and influencing styles to suit different audiences and capable of introducing new ideas or methods internally and to the customer
- Financial Acumen: Knowledge & understanding of customers' financial situation along with the ability to discuss customer's outcomes in financial terms. Understanding of budgets, costs and price required.
- Negotiator: Does not simply sell on price but negotiates value to outcomes; Understands the legal and contractual implications of the negations as well as financial.
- Adaptable: Adapts to changing circumstances and accepts new ideas and change initiatives
- Collaborator: Excels at working collaboratively with their team, peers, supporting resources, partners, management and the customer
- Strong Communication practices & Skills: Ability to write and speak in a way that clearly articulates a point of view; Understands how to involve all levels within the company (internal and external) with consistent, appropriate manner
- A minimum of 10-years of sales management experience in high-reaching, ever-changing sales environment, preferably experience within technology sales
- A minimum of 5-years in telecommunications.
- Must have run quota carrying sales teams with confirmed achievement
- Shown ability to lead a horizontal, extended resource team to support their direct sales teams
- Confirmed ability to work effectively with and across all levels of business and IT contacts within very large and complex organizations
- Extensive experience directly and indirectly through a management team negotiating large 7 figure deals with very complex terms, conditions, price pressures and considerations
- Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team.
- Possess high levels of integrity and honesty
- BA/BS degree or higher
This position is eligible for the JoinGlobals referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top