Global Account Manager, Telco
- Staines, United Kingdom
The GAM will have principle responsibility for a large Telecommunications Company. The GAM will be the General Manager for the customer with responsibility for providing global consistency, global engagement, global relationship, and Total Customer Experience within the customer and their affiliates.
The role will require ownership of the growth plan across the virtualisation business, the management products, End User Computing, professional services, as well as our emerging product categories.
The GAM will have the responsibility to:
- Set Global Account strategy and direction
- Coordinate global sales coverage and drive local sales execution
- Set and approve all pricing for the account
- Serve as the customer's single point of contact
- Oversee day to day operations accounts by presenting to customers, developing proposals and negotiating agreements
- Oversee the creation and delivery of accurate quarterly and annual forecasts and account plans
- Establish highly strategic, thoughtful and deliberate organization within the existing framework of our transactional and metrics-oriented business model
- Own the key executive relationships within the account, transform and agree the client's priority Business Issues to VMware solutions, over time (Vision), and the strategy and agreed execution
- Either existing relationships with the client E-Staff or proven ability with evidence of bridging and building these connections
- Strong experience of software technology sales with increasing levels of responsibility
- Solid experience as a Strategic Account Manager or Global Account Manager strongly preferred
- Documented track record of success and overachievement
- Previous experience as a manager of a team or geographic area
- Experience managing in a matrixed environment
- Experience and comfort level working with C-level executive at Fortune 500 companies and building relationships throughout organizations
- Familiarity with Software defined data center
- Familiarity with Value Selling Methodology or other established sales methodologies
- Strong education and training background
- 25% travel
The role, responsibilities and geographical focus will change and develop over time along with the company's rapid growth.
Before you join, VMware will require you to go through a pre-employment screening process. This means that we will want to verify your details and the information you have given us to ensure your suitability for a certain role considering its nature, seniority and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for the JoinGlobals referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top