Full-stack Software Engineer, VMware Learning Platform
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
As a VMware Learning Platform Engineer, you will be a member of a first-class team of thought-leader practitioners. You will be involved in the development of VMware's VMware Learning Platform (VLP) portal.
VMware Learning Platform is a web-based application for delivering hands on training labs. VLP is a mature solution and has been in development for 7 years. VLP is used by dozens of departments internally at VMware and is the technology that powers the hands-on labs at our VMworld user conference servicing over 10,000 users in 4 days.
VLP recently commercialized the product and the team will be developing a lot of new interesting features. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic, exciting, yet work-life balanced environment, you are one click away from it!
- Design and implement backend and frontend solutions to satisfy VMware Learning Platform business needs.
- Design and implement unit, integration and end to end tests as needed.
- Respond promptly and professionally to bug reports.
- Work in collaboration with management, quality assurance, user experience and technical publications teams.
- Consult with the Group Leader and Engineering Manager regarding professional skill development.
- Both share your knowledge and learn from the rest of the team.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- 3+ years of relevant IT experience, with experience around designing and implementing critical cross-functional integration projects.
- Must be motivated, detail-orientated and be effective in working both independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to work in a small team dynamic and be collaborative is critical to be successful in this position.
- Very strong analytical skills, good judgment, real passion for your work.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- You are required to communications effectively (verbal & written) in English.
- Experience in MVC frameworks - Grails or Spring.
- Groovy & Angular experience is a plus.
- Design and development of backend REST endpoint applications.
- Ability to learn new programming languages quickly.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic fast paced work environment.
- Experience with GIT version control system.
- Ability to work in a team environment with close cooperation with other members of the company's team worldwide.
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, opportunity to work with international teams of IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical insurance program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top