Full Stack Engineer, SD-WAN CTO’s Office
- Palo Alto, CA
For the second year, VMware SD-WAN™ by VeloCloud® leads the WAN Edge Infrastructure market, continuing to be placed furthest in Completeness of Vision and highest in Ability to Execute. VeloCloud, now part of VMware is the only complete solution with all the key elements of a Cloud-Delivered WAN. VeloCloud dramatically simplifies the WAN by delivering virtualized services from the cloud to branch offices and mobile users everywhere. VeloCloud services deliver enterprise grade performance, visibility and control over both Internet and private networks, combining the economy of the Internet with the flexibility of the cloud. More information is available at http://www.velocloud.com
Do you love to make new things, design and develop technologies that will be used by legions of people? Do you want to learn about new groundbreaking networking and cloud technologies in a hands-on, fun and exhilarating environment? Then come join us. We pay as much attention to building a culture of fast learning in a fun and trustworthy environment as we do to building our products.
Learn Fast, Trust each other, Have Fun. That embodies the culture of VeloCloud by VMware.
We are looking for engineers to join our SD-WAN CTO's office. VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud is the only complete solution with all the key elements of a Cloud-Delivered WAN. VeloCloud dramatically simplifies the WAN by delivering virtualized services from the cloud to branch offices and mobile users everywhere. VeloCloud services deliver enterprise grade performance, visibility and control over both Internet and private networks, combining the economy of the Internet with the flexibility of the cloud. More info is available at https://www.vmware.com/solutions/sd-wan.html.
You will participate in creative projects, with the authority and scope to apply your expertise in a dynamic and technically driven environment. You'll be part of a bright engineering team that values open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success. Our engineering team members share a strong focused work ethic and a make-it-happen mindset.
VeloCloud is the leader in SD-WAN, and the VeloCloud CTO's office works on innovative and forward-looking projects that continue to set the direction of the product and the SD-WAN industry. VeloCloud SD-WAN includes a comprehensive GUI and REST APIs used for the management of the platform. This role will help shape the way users interact with these interfaces to enable support for these future initiatives.
- Play an active hands-on role across the entire software development life cycle, from brainstorming concepts to design to delivery.
- Building comprehensive, production-quality software and documentation that can be easily handed off to VeloCloud product engineering teams.
Drive development best-practices such as automated unit, functional, and regression tests as part of daily development.
- 5+ years of experience building highly available, scalable cloud applications, including, server, UI, and database layers.
- Experience developing data storage and data access strategies for high volume online transactional systems as well as for offline data analytics
Expertise with third party Cloud Services and APIs (AWS, Rackspace, etc).
- Experience with networking protocols highly desirable.
- Ability to investigate and integrate 3rd party software and extend them to provide custom solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills combined with the ability to work in a team environment.
Back to top