Full stack application development , 2 to 12 Yrs
- Bangalore, India
Software Engineer - Automation and Integration Services - Product Security
The Security Development Life Cycle (SDL) at VMWare is a set of tools and processes which enable secure development of VMWare's Products. Product Security Software Engineers help build complex automations, dashboards, data warehouses and other awesome capabilities which enable the SDL process to drive a great security culture across VMWare. If you can solve problems creatively, and quickly adapt to changing circumstances with a passion to develop cool capabilities which helps enable a global process across 8000+ developers, then this is the job for you!
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop and deploy scalable applications and services enabling SDL processes for all product teams at VMware in an Agile environment.
- Develop critical features for SRE support of deployed applications and services.
- Produce well-documented solutions using flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, and code comments.
- Write clear, modular, secure, and well-tested code using TDD.
- Maintain and support existing applications, services, and platforms.
Provide continuous improvement for our development process and environment.
- Full stack application development (front end, microservices, REST APIs, DB)
- Programming language expertise: Python (Preferred), Java
Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence)
- CI (Jenkins, Gitlab)
Who are we looking for:
- BS/MS in a Computer Science or related field with 0-2 years of development experience.
- Strong believer in working in an agile manner including failing fast, adapting quickly and making progress.
- Team player, self-motivated, independent and works-well within and across functional teams.
- Outstanding detail-oriented organizational skills.
- Ability to be flexible with a positive attitude and learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to uncover business challenges and develop solutions to solve those challenges.
Back to top