FSI Unicorn... Are you one of them?
- Sydney, Australia
VMware is building a team of senior Client Technology Executives who will participate in and influence the development of our client "IT Strategies" by advising and developing transformation strategies that deliver "End-to-End" capability across VMware's platform stacks and integrations with other products and environments where necessary.
For this specific Client Technology Executive role, we are seeking a commercially astute individual with extensive Financial Services and Insurance (FSI) experience. We are open to candidates who are from banking clients (Top 4 preferred) or also vendor Industry Experts, located in Sydney or Melbourne.
Our Client Technology Executive, Financial Services & Insurance (FSI) will enable Enterprise Customers through their various Transformation (Digital/IT/Workforce/Security/Data) Programs and Strategies by providing innovative thought leadership, strategic guidance, builds credibility through technology expertise and challenges traditional customer thinking to sell a long-term vision as opposed to pointed solutions.
This role combines vertical industry expertise and application knowledge, a broad range of consulting capabilities, and innovative business and technology solutions to help companies harness the value of information across the enterprise. Your main audience will be CTO, enterprise architects, application developers, engineering, and operations teams.
At a minimum, our Client Technology Executive's must exude the following attributes:
- Be Customer-Obsessed & Orchestrate between other stakeholder-teams in VMware, Enterprise (and other Competing Stakeholders where necessary) in delivering Services/Solutions and overall, with Execution of the Strategy
- Be the bridge between Market/Technology developments, Customer requirements/expectations (Strategic, forward-looking) and internal Technology, R&D teams within VMware towards alignment of the Strategies
- Build, enhance Strategic relationship between Enterprise and VMware
Taking an application-centric perspective, the Client Technology Executive must be able to demonstrate the ability to differentiate VMware's ability to deliver tangible business results through the generation of actionable strategy and design, driving and managing execution with our clients, to enable them to transform and enhance the benefits of strategically digitising their business.
The successful Client Technology Executive will work closely with their sales team and set of assigned customers to create strategic account plans that are deeply embedded with as-a-service technologies, next-generation applications, and data analytics.
- Develop, build and maintains relationships with key customer decision makers and influencers: include CxO, enterprise architects, application development teams and senior management in operations and engineering.
- Cultivate and foster a world class account team across various regions, business-units, including partners, channels and corporate support groups.
- Provides technical leadership and direction to the customer and internal staff.
- Works with peer group to create, maintain and regularly communicate an account technology plan. The plan includes future state architectures, tactical initiatives and milestones and business relevant technology solutions.
- Researches and communicates technology, industry and market trends and provides guidance on their application to customers and feedback of business requirements back into VMware's engineering and marketing organizations.
- Researches competitive frameworks and solutions to adequately address and dispel customer objections that arise in a sales campaign.
- Presents and markets the technical design and business value of proposed VMware Technology solution and business case to customers, prospects, and internal sales management
- Collaborate with the sales team to qualify opportunities regarding customer technical requirements, competition, decision-making process and funding.
Skills & Experience:
- 10+ yrs of IT or Digital Transformation within a financial services organisation
- Ability to work at CxO level to build / develop IT Strategy and execution of Solutions
- First-hand working knowledge of Enterprise Architecture practices, stacks, and styles
- Experience in Operationalizing, defining and building Operating Model in a large Enterprise
- Executive presence, influence and ability to collaborate & motivate across the organization
- Internally and externally recognized as a key and influential leader
- Strong Business & Financial Acumen (developing TCO-Models) is a must
- Influence Based Leadership, Creative & Critical thinking, Comfortable leading through ambiguity
Demonstrated mastery in one or more of the following domains, with working proficiency across all domains:
- IT Governance (ITIL, DevOps, SRE, COBIT, NIST, ISO)
- Mapping End-to-End Services to Solutions/Products/Applications/Infrastructure dependencies
- Traditional Application Development (object-oriented, functional) & Modern Cloud Native
- Data Modelling, Analysis & Administration (big data, NoSQL, relational database, ETL, event-driven)
- Infrastructure Virtualization Layers across Compute, Storage, Network & Security Platforms (hypervisors, containers, software-defined)
- IT Data Protection (backup & recovery, disaster recovery, business continuance), IT Automation, Orchestration & Self-Service based models.
- IT Security & Risk Management
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top