Frontend Engineer with React, Octarine team, VMware Carbon Black
- Sofia, Bulgaria
Octarine, now a part of VMware Carbon Black, leads the space of Kubernetes and container security within VMware. Our products deliver end-to-end security solutions for customers running workloads in cloud-native environments, protecting applications against internal and external threats. To achieve this, we're tackling various technological and product challenges, striving to build the best solution at the best quality and at an increasingly large scale.
Now, as part of the security business unit in VMware (based of Carbon Black, a leader in the endpoint security space), we're taking everything we've built so far to the next level - aiming to support hundreds and thousands of new customers, continuously improving our products' features and quality, and planning to design and build new product lines.
Join a super talented team of engineers using a wide variety of the latest technologies to solve big problems, both from product and technology standpoint.
Our stack is based on Go, C++, Python, React, AWS, Kafka, MongoDB, Cassandra, and a whole lot around Kubernetes and Istio.
More info about the product and the acquisition here:
What You'll Do
- Lead initiatives to design, build and deliver major frontend features in the highest quality standards, in a fast-paced environment, working with the latest frameworks and technologies.
- Work closely with our UI/UX experts, designers, and product managers to create visionary cybersecurity products.
- Investigate scalability, performance, and reliability.
- Be an integral part of scaling our offering to hundreds and thousands of customers, now as part of VMware.
- Contribute to product direction and design discussions.
- Belong to a group of world class engineers, working together to build a better product - solving real issues to our customers, and doing that at the best quality possible.
- At least 2 years of experience working with React and Redux.
- Advantage to working with container platforms and orchestrators such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Quickly master new languages and technologies.
- Passion for building slick, performant UI, with an eye for UX and usability.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top