Are you an experienced Software Engineerlooking for new challenges?AtVMwarewe are lookingfor a talentedFrontend Engineerto be focused onourcurrent and futurepublic sites.Youwillbecome an important piece within theBitnamiPublic Services Engineering R&D team, part of the Modern Applications Platform group.
What is the primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
You will work in our current products that are used bymillionsof people, such ashttps://bitnami.com,https://docs.bitnami.comandhttps://google.bitnami.com,andyouwill help us to develop and ship the user interfaces of the new ones. In addition,due to the nature of the projects the team is accountable for,you will have the chance tocollaborate with some Backend tasks.In that sense,some knowledge/experience on Backend technologies will be appreciated, although it is not required.Your new team will help you to learn everything you need on the Backend side.
Our core tools are React, Redux, SASS andWebpack. Ifyou don'tknow any of these technologies,youcan take this as an opportunity to learn.For us, it is more importantapersonthat knowshow to develop clean and accessible HTML, CSS and JS codethan the frameworks and tools.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
In a typical day,you wouldtake care of polishing UI pieces and develop a well-structured and accessible HTML, CSS and JS code. Testing is also important for us, soyouwill spend time on adding and improving tests.Also, you won't be alone. Your team will be happy to collaborate with you and help each other.
If you join the team, the first goal would be to assume and deal with the website and UI tasks. Then, to proceed with the improvement of some parts, tobuild user interfaces that simplify complex processes to make them accessible for any person and more efficient in terms of maintenance.Youshould become the reference in terms ofFrontendtechnologies within the team, thereforeyoushould enjoy mentoring others as much as learning from them.
- Develop a well-structured and accessible HTML, CSS and JS code.
- Create React components to compose different UIs.
- Add and improve the project test suites. We usually work with Jest.
- Contribute to our Git repositories. We use a Git-centric workflow to develop, test and deploy our sites.
- Collaborate with the team to find solutions.
- Review other changes in the code. We are open to discuss anything so all of us can learn.
- Communicate their ideas, discuss and understand other people in English.
- Collaborate, investigate, delegate, fail and succeed
- Youare astrongcollaboratorandactivelyfostersafeand inclusiveteams.
- Youidentifyissues,resolvebugs andwritehigh-qualityengineeringdocumentation.
- 4+ years of experience in a similar role
- Proficient knowledge in web component frameworks, preferably React
- Knowledge about semantic HTML and accessibility
- CSS: Selectors, attributes and inheritance. Good practices:
- Knowing about inheritance
- Any organization methodology like BEM, OOCSS, SMACSS, etc.
- Experience working withcode versioning tools
- Ability to implementand maintain test suites.
- Ability to research problems (including making incremental progress when faced with technical ambiguity) and break them into discrete parts
- Not mandatory, but it would be great if you had knowledge about:
- Cloud Computing
- Backendprogramming languages(i.e. Ruby, NodeJS, Python, etc.)
- Fluency writing and speaking in English
- Ability to work and developcollaborativelyin a cross-team environment
This position is eligible for TanzuChallenge referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top