Front End Engineer
- Ra'anana, Israel
Octarine, now a part of VMware, leads the space of Kubernetes and container security within VMware. Our products deliver end-to-end security solutions for customers running workloads in cloud-native environments, protecting applications against internal and external threats. To achieve this, we're tackling various technological and product challenges, striving to build the best solution at the best quality and at an increasingly large scale.
Now, as part of the security business unit in VMware (based of Carbon Black, a leader in the endpoint security space), we're taking everything we've built so far to the next level - aiming to support hundreds and thousands of new customers, continuously improving our products' features and quality, and planning to design and build new product lines.
Join a super talented team of engineers using a wide variety of the latest technologies to solve big problems, both from a technology standpoint and a product one.
Our stack is based on Go, C++, Python, React, AWS, Kafka, MongoDB, Cassandra, and a whole lot around Kubernetes and Istio.
More info about the product and the acquisition here:
What You'll Do
- Lead initiatives to design, build and deliver major frontend features in the highest quality standards, in a fast-paced environment, working with the latest frameworks and technologies.
- Work closely with our UI/UX experts, designers, and product managers to create visionary cybersecurity products.
- Investigate scalability, performance, and reliability.
- Be an integral part of scaling our offering to hundreds and thousands of customers, now as part of VMware.
- Contribute to product direction and design discussions.
- Belong to a group of world class engineers, working together to build a better product - solving real issues to our customers, and doing that at the best quality possible.
What You'll Bring
- At least 2 years of experience working with React and Redux.
- Advantage to working with container platforms and orchestrators such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Quickly master new languages and technologies.
- Passion for building slick, performant UI, with an eye for UX and usability.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Opportunities for you to work in a strong innovation culture alongside teams consistently leading the markets they are in, and competing against the best software companies there are
- An authentic career path with a support cast that will help you along your journey
- Attractive compensation package with competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, and long-term incentives
- Healthy work environment with company sponsored medical insurance programs, sport activities, and open communication
- Work-life balance tailored to your needs, paid vacation, paid sick leave, team events
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top