- Alajuela, Costa Rica
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers' digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The position will have responsibilities around financial planning and analysis work for the WWBO Organization. The role will include analysis and review of the monthly forecast and actuals close for several cost centers of the WWBO organization (Finance & Ops).
- Responsible for day-to-day financial support for the Finance & Ops organization
- Ensuring proper and timely execution of month-end close, forecast, and reporting activities for OPEX actuals including headcount.
- Support ad-hoc management reporting and analysis, as needed.
- Track, process and validate accruals for several cost centers & accounts.
- Prepare standard reporting packages each period for the business and finance management consumption.
- Enhance budgeting and forecasting processes through continuous improvement efforts
- Assist in projects owned by senior members of the team, share best practices, identify gaps, drive change and help determine priorities.
- Work collaboratively with business and finance partners to provide planning and reporting services for assigned functions, that translate into operational and financial information.
- Work with multiple business partners, develop an understanding of their business and translate that into operational and financial information.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values and standards of ethics and integrity
- Knowledge of the MS office package. Excel skills are necessary.
- Strong analytical skills and capability to communicate valuable insights from data.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Team player, able to work well in a very open team environment and under pressure
- Strong planning, and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Initiative to solve problems.
- Degree in Business, Finance or related fields.
- 2 years of experience in Financial Planning and Analysis roles.
- Ability and experience working in cross functional teams.
- Motivated individual with a desire to learn and to grow in a fast-moving environment.
- Confidence to ask for help to his or her peers and/or superiors.
- Quick learner and interested in developing his or her career in a fast pace and challenging environment.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top