Finance Manager - Sales FP&A
- Palo Alto, CA
VMware has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated Finance Manager to join our Sales FP&A team in Palo Alto. This manager will lead monthly forecast, close, and annual planning for Sales Finance on a worldwide basis. Provide ad-hoc analysis & reporting in support of Sales and Sales Finance leadership on a regular basis. The manager will work both within Sales Finance and collaborate cross-functionally with Corporate Finance, BTA (Business Transformation and Automation), Accounting, and other VMware Finance functions. Being successful in this role requires a large degree of analytical thought leadership, excellent organization and communication skills, and the ability to synthesize complex data and solve problems.
- Drive Quarter Close and Monthly Spend/HC Forecast. Set process and deadlines for Sales FP&A team, host internal review meetings, coordinate month/quarter close communications with Sales Finance as well as Corporate Finance, provide support and guidance to the team on process/system issues, consolidate/analyze/present financials to Corporate and Sales Finance leadership.
- Lead Spend/HC Planning Process. Translate Sales strategy and company goals into annual Spend and HC plans. Lead end-to-end planning processes for global Sales Finance team, including Bow-Wave analysis, investment consolidation and analysis, financial modeling, Corporate and internal review meetings, target allocation, and final plan tied out.
- Lead Projects to drive efficiency and process improvement. Identify, design and lead projects intended to create efficiencies, standardize business practices, drive process improvements and deliver high impact analysis for decision making. Collaborate with global Sales Finance team and other parts of VMware Finance to enhance the function's contribution to the company.
- Internal Communication. Drive internal communicates including FP&A activities, Sales Finance calendar, system updates (Hyperion, SAP, DRG, Workday, etc.), projects, and trainings. Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders (Corporate, Accounting, BTA) as their key POC to solve issues and improve efficiencies.
- Financial Management for Sales NCG (New College Graduate) program, Sales Kick-off and Club events. Centrally manage planning, forecasting, and spending for global Sales NCG program, WW Sales Kick-Off and President's Club. Partner with HR, and Sales Ops to ensure proper execution of the programs within the set spending envelope.
- Support ad-hoc reporting / analytics. Lead and collaborate with global FP&A team to support ad-hoc reporting and analytics for Finance, Sales, and Corporate leadership team.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Experience in Sales Finance or Corporate FP&A consolidation role preferred
- Strong project management, planning, and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Continuous improvement attitude, ability to suggest and implement best practices
- Takes charge of complex tasks with minimal direction and develop new ways of approaching business challenges independently and pro-actively
- Expert in complex financial modeling, owns the delivery and output of the analyses end-to-end and can explain the rationale for all inputs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with unquestionable integrity
- High energy and motivation
- Ability to work well with cross-functional and global teams
- BA or BS in Business, Finance or Accounting; MBA preferred
- At least 6-8 years of experience in Financial Planning and Analysis with a strong record of career progression
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Hyperion Planning / Reporting, and BI tools
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top