Finance Intern Program - Cork, Ireland
Start Date - July 2022
Please note we will start reviewing applications in January for this position
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
The Finance Intern Program provides an excellent opportunity to be part of a fast paced, exciting environment with a vibrant team to support you.
As a Finance Intern you will be part of the wider finance team of 150+.
You will be an integral part of the team supporting one of the following functions, General L edger, Indirect T ax, Related Party or Revenue Deal A ssurance Team. You will have the opportunity to experience first-hand the inner workings of a finance department within a multi-national company.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work towards completing?
- You will complete our Finance I ntern O nboarding program which includes online and in person training.
- You will be assigned tasks & deliverables which you will be responsible for & you will be given the appropriate training and support to manage these deliverables.
- You will gain valuable experience across systems including Oracle, Exel , SAP , PowerPoint .
- In addition to support from your manager you will be assigned an experienced Graduate who will be your "buddy" and go-to-person for the first few weeks to ensure a smooth onboarding into your new role .
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
Your role will vary depending on which function you are assigned to but some of the responsibilities include:
- The assistance and support of statutory & tax compliance for the EMEA region.
- Preparation of statistical returns.
- Assistance in the preparation of the financial analytics.
- Support of inter-company reconciliations and monthly close process.
- Accumulate information for the preparation of the indirect tax compliance & provide required information for VAT audits.
- Support the quarter-end reporting requirements.
- Managing the incoming & outgoing paperwork flow & contract administration.
- Assemble deal packs for compliance measures within the Global Deal Assurance Team
- Help improve efficiency & streamline processes.
You will be an essential contributor to a vibrant global cross functional team, you will require excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
What is the Leadership like for this Role? What is the Structure and Culture of the Team Like?
Nicola O'Neill manages the Finance I ntern & G raduate Program; her key role is to ensure that you as the Finance inter n are successful & supported throughout the program.
Depending on your assignment within the program you will have an indirect reporting line to another manager who will manage your deliverables and provide training. Nicola will check-in regularly with both you directly and the line manager to ensure your success .
Where is this Role Located?
Flexible: The location of this role is flexible within Ireland . There will be a requirement to work a number of days per week from the Cork office with the option to work remotely for part of the week.
What are the perks of working at VMware?
- You will be in a work environment that promotes your health and wellbeing through flexible working hours, EPIC 2 Days Off and other Wellness Actives .
- Grow your career through variou s programs such as Women Connecting Women M entorship P rogram, involvement in our DE&I Power of Difference Communities and a range of fun social activities and specific Intern L earning and D evelopment T racks.
- You will have the opportunity to build your network across the EMEA region and beyond and give back to your local community with 8hrs of VMware S ervice L earning.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.