Field Commerce Executive
- New York, NY
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
VMware is seeking a Senior Leader to work with the AMER Strategic Pursuit Practice to help drive long-term transformational business success for our biggest and most strategic customers.
Reporting to the Vice President, Strategic Pursuits, Programs and Operations (SPPO) Americas and dotted line into the Senior Director, Strategic Pursuit Practice Americas; the AMER Field Commerce Executive's core responsibility is to drive large and complex transformational solutions whilst building deep CXO-level relationships within our most strategic customers. The FCE role is pivotal in combining business strategies with complex commercial and technical constructs to generate long-term value for our customers as well as VMware. The role also compliments a small focused executive team providing insight and guidance during CXO conversations that are both credible and creative based on real life industry experience.
The Field Commerce Executive will be charged with engaging at CXO-level, presenting to Boards where appropriate and helping Organizations understand the value and benefits VMware brings to their business. The role will involve agility and flexibility from a commercial perspective whilst ensuring rigorous governance and control mechanisms.
Priorities & Responsibilities
- Ensure an increase in value for delivery of complex solutions by ensuring key CXO stakeholders are fully engaged and aware of the value of VMware.
- Support pipeline creation for Strategic Pursuits ($10m+) ensuring current and future targets are exceeded.
- Create commercial structures focused on customer needs to enable strong growth supporting customer value in all deals.
- Support Strategic Pursuit Directors, regional Sales Leadership and Enterprise Client Executives by providing deep customer insight & perspective whilst coaching with constructive feedback to help develop capabilities and understanding.
- Aligned with the SPP Program Management Office (PMO) and their content management program, develop and manage a programmatic capability including all relevant artefacts to help scale to additional strategic pursuits.
- Establish and drive customer business case templates to assist in the execution and promotion of complex deals
- Align to the SPP engagement and operating models to ensure a consistent and defined programmatic approach to assess, develop and help close strategic pursuits.
- Champion Collaborative Account Planning Sessions (CAP) for Strategic Pursuits.
- Drive big deal thinking, best practice sharing and extended team collaboration
- Help propagate best practices and content (deal structure, content relative to attractive themes like Digital Transformation, IoT, references, Value-plays).
- Represent VMware in senior customer facing roles, i.e. executive sponsor, financial and business strategist/negotiator.
- Senior executive background (FSS, Telco etc) with a strong industry network.
- 25+ years of experience in relevant industries including financial and IT industries.
- Demonstrated extensive experience with delivering major transformational solutions deals including IT Operations, Outsourcing, Offshoring and commercial models
- Consultative experience into Enterprise accounts
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring experience
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Sales Methodologies
- Well organized and analytical skills
- Experience within a large organization, ability to work in a matrix environment
- Management experience
- University Degree or equivalent
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top