The VMware Federal Industry Strategist is a key leader of the Industry Strategy and Innovations Team within VMware's Government, Education and Healthcare (GEH) division. This team is responsible for the development, planning and co-execution of industry segment strategy and solutions for GEH. This team works in a highly collaborative and mission-oriented environment across GEH and the industry. The GEH Industry Strategy and Innovations Team are VMware's "forward-deployed" industry experts. Responsible for helping ensure VMware's products and solutions are successfully understood and adopted in their respective customer segment. They are responsible for working with the customer operations organization to help bridge technology to mission impact, win new business as well as discover and develop new use cases and markets for our products and solutions.
The VMware Director and Federal Industry Strategist is a senior customer facing role whose primary goal is to guide our Federal customers navigate the historic Federal digital transformation trend. The applicant must be a leader and passionate about advancing the mission of Federal government and how technology, people and process can ultimately improve the lives, security and well-being of the United States and citizens.
To accomplish this, the Federal strategist will work in a consultative manner on all aspects of our Federal GTM strategy and will be responsible for working with the VMware Federal sales management teams, to properly position VMware's solutions in the context of industry specific policy, regulations, financial challenges and government business drivers. In addition, the strategist will work closely with customers and industry ecosystem partners to educate and support their understanding of how our technological differentiators, vision, architectural advantages and financial benefits enable government transformation. The Federal Industry Strategist will take a prominent role in both shaping and evangelizing our vision, message and solutions. The strategist will strive to become a trusted advisor to key customers and industry thought leaders, building partnerships and solutions to meet the challenges of a more demanding, digitally connected environment and consumer-oriented citizen in a rapidly changing economic and legislative, policy driven environment.
- Leverage proven industry and technology expertise to help our customers realize their mission and business goals by the thoughtful and credible application of VMware technology, solutions and services.
- Become a trusted advisor and business partner to both our customers and our customer operations and services teams, ultimately helping each achieve their goals.
- Build and leverage C-level relationships with VMware customer that result in deeper loyalty to VMware and broader adoption of VMware's solutions.
- Expand VMware's influence with key industry thought leaders, ecosystem partners, policy makers and industry groups by helping to develop, articulate, and refine our overall strategy, technology vision.
- Align with the Federal field sales/service executive(s) to develop and maintain an industry plan for their assigned area(s)/accounts that is aligned with the overall VMware Federal GTM sales.
- Activities will include account acquisition and opportunity planning, business value mapping, partner alignment and training
- Participation in regular territory reviews with regional sales teams resulting in a detailed understanding of the opportunities across the United States.
- Work with our Pursuit and Capture team to help shape and execute strategies.
- Work with and along-side the GEH Solutions and Innovation engineering team(s), Solutions Architects and Systems Engineering to conceive, develop and bring to market new solutions and services.
- Blogging, industry articles and relevant industry events/social media will be expected.
- Work with VMware enablement team to help build industry training for Federal field teams.
- Minimum 8 - 10 years' experience in Federal IT leadership with at least 5-10 years in a US Federal government organization.
- A thorough understanding of the Federal industry, its current challenges and how the technology ecosystem plays a role in the industry's current transformation.
- Experience in the transformation, application and delivery of large comprehensive enterprise information technologies in Federal space.
- Experience working with federal systems integrator(s) ecosystem, federal budgeting process and policy issues that impact this space.
- Ability to position solutions value within context of industry specific regulation drivers
- Must be able to clearly articulate how VMware products and our product roadmap align to our overall technology vision
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated skill set and track record in and influence skills across a broad constituency ranging from C-Suite to the end user.
- Ability to navigate both customer and internal VMware organizations and develop trust-based relationships
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top