EUC Remote Protocol Network Manager - "Opportunity for working remotely"
- Palo Alto, CA
Remote Protocol Network Manager
The world is in the midst of a transformation. Enterprises across the globe are turning to software to change the way business is done. Today, in this device and application driven world, companies are laser-focused on empowering teams by tailoring their businesses to their employees' digital behaviors. This is where we lead the way.
In VMware End User Computing (EUC), we build solutions that customize, simplify, and automate the employees' digital experience at work to help them achieve more. Our Workspace ONE platform provides every employee with the agility of being connected to the business from any device, on any Cloud, at any time. At the core of our business is our end-users; and everything we do is motivated around them and their experience.
Role and Responsibility
Our team is seeking a hands-on manager to own key features and components of our Horizon product. You will get to work on some of the more challenging and interesting problems building on VMware's production-proven platform. Enabling the digital workspace transformation means developing solutions to allow users to access content from anywhere on any device, and you will be tasked with driving a team designing and implementing those solutions to run across the spectrum of devices and systems.
- Bring broad technical experience, creative problem-solving skills, a passion for technology and coding, and a healthy dose of self-motivation.
- Work at a fast pace and fail fast
- Lead a team to deliver features and coordinate across geos and other teams.
- Enforce a culture of continuous improvement and supporting a team of highly capable engineers.
Take projects from inception and design through to delivery.
- Show strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- 2+ years of software management experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in software development using C/C++
- Network programming experience (TCP/UDP, sockets, etc.)
- Experience with object-oriented design and multi-threaded programming
- Experience in the development of end-user focused applications
- Knowledge of OS internals (either Windows or Linux)
- Experience in the development of large distributed software systems at scale
Exposure to testing and deployment tools and CI/CD (Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with developing automated tests, such as unit tests
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related disciplines - MS or PhD preferred
- Experience with various hypervisor solutions (vSphere, HyperV, etc.)
- Cross platform development experience on Windows, Linux, OS X, iOS, or Android
- Reverse engineering with either kernel or user mode assembly debugging
- Understanding of display protocols, such as RDP
Experience in providing APIs and SDK for third-party developers
Back to top