Enterprise Technical Support Engineer
- Cork, Ireland
Enterprise Technical Support Engineer
Your next adventure at VMware is only a click away!
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and be a part of our EPIC2 community.
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where outstanding people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
About the Global Support Services Team:
The VMware Global Support Services (GSS) team supports over 250,000 companies running VMware in over 100 different countries. GSS provides time-zone optimized coverage throughout five support centers globally. The GSS team supports the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners and participates in developing new products and new versions of current products.
GSS team members also participate in product delivery strategy, product documentation, discussion forums with customers, and expert documents publishing. A commitment to excellence and customer advocacy pervades the GSS team, and the work environment fosters intellectual stimulation through exchanges with internal and external customers. The VMware GSS team members are the "best of the best" supporting business-critical applications in a virtual infrastructure.
What's in it for you?
- The entire VMware team has created a unique business environment -- one of energy, creativity, and collaboration
- The atmosphere is fun, casual, and inviting, in keeping with VMware's roots as a successful entrepreneurial startup
We are guided in our efforts by a strong set of corporate values:
- Excellence and innovation
- Straightforwardness and open communications
- A sense of fun and an appreciation of a balanced life
- Delivery on our promises to our partners, our customers, and ourselves
- A passion for what we do and the value we deliver
As an Enterprise Technical Support Engineer, you will provide technical support to both staff and customers who are working to implement VMware ESX Server and related products.
- Respond to customer inquiries, primarily via email (70%) and telephone (30%)
- Resolve and customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting.
- Work directly with staff in quality assurance, engineering, sales, marketing, operations, and administration to resolve problems
- Document all technical inquiries; develop and review content for knowledge base
- Provide training or assistance to junior staff
- Participate in testing alpha and beta products
- Own and drive the Customer Experience throughout the life-cycle of the Service Request to resolution.
- Reproducing issues in-house and responding back in a timely manner.
- Achieve VCP certifications within 6 months and maintain accreditation
- Collaborate with senior engineers and engineers to resolve customer product issues.
- Raise issues according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Use internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Craft and promote the creation of solution contact to assist within the centre.
- Participate in technical communications within the Technical Support Team to share processes and learn about new technologies.
- Focus on an area of technical specialization and attend technical trainings.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Good social, communication and customer service skills are required in order to work successfully with customers in highly dynamic or ambiguous situations.
- Work experience in a Technical domain.
- Good understanding in at least one of the following technologies:
- Networking, Storage, Linux, TCP/IP, Windows
- Desire for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
Anyone with a legal right to work in the E.U. may apply for this role. Please note that this role is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware."
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top