Enterprise Architect for Central Government
- Tokyo, Japan
As Enterprise Architect you acquire intimate knowledge of the customers' business, its strategic goals and the specific requirements of our largest enterprise and global projects. You will be demonstrating the technical abilities of the Architect team you lead, and drive a solution that assists the customer in achieving their business goals and outcomes. You are a solution level subject matter expert with broad knowledge across the VMware technology stack and of 3rd party integrated products. In addition to customer facing delivery, Enterprise Architects also provide key input to pre-sales on complex multi-discipline bids and drive best practices.
The Enterprise Architect is a strategic role, which combines the competencies of strategy consulting, thought-leadership and IT transformation sales support. The Enterprise Architect is a senior-level architect lead who is part of the pre-sales team. He or she works closely with strategic account teams and sales leadership to drive adoption of VMware solutions into the strategic accounts segment of VMware's business.
The Enterprise Architect routinely engages with C-level, VP and Director level executives, both internal to VMware, and externally with VMware clients, providing perspective and guidance on long-term business/technology strategy, investments and innovation, drawing upon the depth and breadth of their technical and business management knowledge. In addition to delivery, sales and scope management expertise, the Enterprise Architect will need in-depth knowledge surrounding data center technologies and industry trends. Using this experience and knowledge of VMware's products as well as complimentary products, you will advise clients on issues related to the solution design and deployment including complexity trade-offs business impact. They should possess excellent listening skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to solve complex problems, be a big picture thinker and be able to visualize the solution. The Enterprise Architect should also be able to act as a trusted advisor to executive leadership and be able to bridge business and technology. They will ensure the customer is guided with clear vision with end state in mind and provide the customer with the necessary transformative guidance to ensure value realization.
VMware Solution Engineer Organization is committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in the latest technologies and solutions. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
- Build effective business relationships with customer C-level and VP executives
- Establish solid working relationships with VMware strategic account teams, sales leadership, professional services, product management, and executive staff
- Design modern Enterprise Architecture methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture
- Facilitate executive workshops designed to consult on IT transformation, and influence business and IT strategy
- Conduct strategic account planning with VMware account teams
- Develop, contribute to and promote VMware thought-leadership
- Create high quality business cases as well as defining customer use cases
- Provide thought leadership in developing Transformational strategies, aligned with ability to deliver.
- Scope and support Transformation sales opportunities.
- Support the development of the customer solution and services design
- Regularly benchmark VMware customers for best practices and value achieved
- Spread best practices among accounts/account teams and elevate strategic mindshare with those accounts
- Inform infrastructure and Service design as well as development of success criteria
- Bachelor's degree required
- 10+ years Financial industry expertise within a high-tech or consulting environment
- Experience developing and growing C-Level relationships Record of building strong customer relationships
- Deep understanding of the leadership, financial, process and technical challenges faced with running modern day IT operations at large corporations
- Experience consultative selling
- Ability to communicate complex topics to an audience with varied functional knowledge levels
- Technical and Business writing skills (white papers, proposals, competitive responses)
- Business skills (financial accounting, ROI, TCO, budget planning, organizational design)
- Presentation skills including public speaking, meeting facilitation and white boarding
- Strong understanding of VMware technology and professional service offerings with the ability to demonstrate the benefits that can be realized through the application of VMware solutions to customer environments
Desirable skills and experience
- Project governance experience and familiarity with PRINCE2, PMP or TOGAF frameworks
- Practical knowledge of the ITIL framework
- Experience of presenting at a user group, trade show or similar is highly desirable
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top