- Seoul, South Korea
The Enterprise Architect (EA) provides innovative thought, strategic guidance, and technology expertise to help clients exploit information to its maximum potential and accelerate their journey to cloud computing models.
The Enterprise Architect role combines vertical industry expertise and application knowledge, a broad range of consulting capabilities, and innovative business and technology solutions to help companies harness the value of information across the enterprise. Taking an application-centric perspective, the position should be able to differentiate VMware on our ability to deliver tangible business results through the generation of actionable strategy and design, followed by driving and managing execution with our clients, to enable them to transform and exploit the benefits of strategically digitizing their business
- The EA provides this support to an assigned account or set of accounts in a given geography.
- He/she works closely with their sales team and customers to create strategic account plans that are rooted in as-a-service technologies, next-generation applications, and data analytics.
- EA builds credibility and challenges traditional customer thinking to sell a long-term vision as opposed to pointed solutions.
- EA should be able to provide technical thought leadership for the account's CTO, enterprise architects, application developers, engineering, and operations teams
- Develop, build and maintains relationships with key customer decision makers and influencers: include CxO, enterprise architects, application development teams and senior management in operations and engineering.
- Cultivate and foster a world class account team across various regions, business-units, including partners, channels and corporate support groups.
- Provides technical leadership and direction to the customer and internal staff.
- Works with peer group to create, maintain and regularly communicate an account technology plan. The plan includes future state architectures, tactical initiatives and milestones and business relevant technology solutions.
- Researches and communicates technology, industry and market trends and provides guidance on their application to customers and feedback of business requirements back into VmWare's engineering and marketing organizations.
- Researches competitive frameworks and solutions to adequately address and dispel customer objections that arise in a sales campaign.
- Presents and markets the technical design and business value of proposed VMware Technology solution and business case to customers, prospects, and internal sales management.
- Collaborate with the sales team to qualify opportunities regarding customer technical requirements, competition, decision-making process and funding.
Skills & Experience :
- 10+ yrs of IT or Digital Transformation within Fortune 500 (Financial, Teco or similar companies)
- Ability to work at CxO level to build / develop IT Strategy and execution of Solutions
- First-hand working knowledge of Enterprise Architecture practices, stacks, and styles
- Experience in Operationalizing, defining and building Operating Model in a large Enterprise
- Executive presence, influence and ability to collaborate & motivate across the organization
- Internally and externally recognized as a key and influential leader
- Strong Business & Financial Acumen (developing TCO-Models)
- Influence Based Leadership, Creative & Critical thinking, Comfortable leading through ambiguity
Demonstrated mastery in one or more of the following domains, with working proficiency across all domains:
- IT Governance (ITIL, DevOps, SRE, COBIT, NIST, ISO)
- Mapping End-to-End Services to Solutions/Products/Applications/Infrastructure dependencies
- Traditional Application Development (object-oriented, functional) & Modern Cloud Native
- Data Modeling, Analysis & Administration (big data, NoSQL, relational database, ETL, event-driven)
- Infrastructure Virtualization Layers across Compute, Storage, Network & Security Platforms (hypervisors, containers, software-defined)
- IT Data Protection (backup & recovery, disaster recovery, business continuance), IT Automation, Orchestration & Self-Service based models.
- IT Security & Risk Management
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top