Enterprise Account Manager, Qatar based
The sales team in the Gulf region is a high-energy, passionate team of people with a passionate desire to succeed and drive the digital transformation in country. Although you are an individual contributor within the business, you will be part of a team with a strong identity, and a reputation for a high standard of work and achievement. You will have the opportunity to craft and execute on your business plan through you own efforts and through the management of your virtual sales team.
We are looking for proven and experienced, but dynamic and creative Enterprise Account Manager. This person will be responsible for a small number of strategic and significant Whitehall accounts requiring regular access at C level, and with their strategic partners
The region has changed dramatically in the past few years in terms of digital strategy and technology adoption, and as such, you will be skilled in the translation between digital business goals for a department and the technology solutions selection to deliver these goals.
We want someone who will be able to align, influence and deliver on a departments goals through the delivery of the entire VMware portfolio including hybrid and public cloud services, end user computing, software defined datacentre technologies, and open data/standard solutions.
We are looking for a strong sales individual who has experience with this customer community at senior level, can prioritize and is adept at building solid, repeatable business propositions, particularly in a digital and cloud focused environment.
You will have experience of getting results through your own sales engagements and through harnessing the power of the channel as well as a deep understanding of the fast changing environment within the region and how the drive for digital services, cloud first strategies and cost savings can be used to build positive relationships and to deliver significant sales success. A consistent record of successful and smart selling in this meaningful and changing business environment is crucial.
What will you be doing?
• Meet and exceed quarterly sales targets and build a rolling 12+ month pipeline so that you can Build a strong and balanced business across a defined list of accounts in the region
• Drive and lead large opportunities to completion and manage partners to help deliver other opportunities
• Own and lead the engagement with the CIO/CDIO, CTO and CISO for each of the accounts
• Develop and grow personal relationships and influence with departmental leaders
• Grow VMware's wallet share in each department's digital service portfolio
• Selling the complete VMware solution portfolio including products and services
• Learn and understand the assigned accounts' extended business model and craft offerings and solutions to meet their goals
• Become as intimate as possible with assigned accounts and bridge the gap to executives while increasing VMware consideration
• Solidify existing customer accounts and elevate VMware to a more strategic position within key accounts
• Manage complex enterprise sales campaigns while running a diverse set of partners within the same accounts
• Match the VMware solution to the customer's business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
• Forecasting and account/opportunity detail in SalesForce.com
What do we want?
• A High Performance Salesperson. We want significant and attested sales success in the sector over a 3-5 year period with experience of exceeding assigned goals and targets
• Someone who grows their business and expands into new areas. Development of pipeline from lead generation to close through own initiatives and engagements with partners
• Someone with leadership capabilities and management potential. We want to see experience of running a virtual team to harness skills and drive a coherent account plan
• Knowledge of how to sell within the region, and how to influence the influencers
• Demonstrable innovation and creativity.
• Proven problem solving skills.
• Executive presence and credibility.
• High level of interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• High energy and passion for the sector itself and the teams success.
• Stable and consistent work history
The role, responsibilities and geographical focus might change and develop over time along with the company's rapid growth.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top