Engineering Manager - NSX MP
- Bengaluru, India
What is Vmware's Flagship NSX product?
VMware NSX is a network virtualization platform that delivers the operational model of a virtual machine for the network. Virtual networks reproduce the network model in software, allowing complex multi-tier network topologies to be created and provisioned programmatically in seconds. NSX includes a library of logical networking services - logical switches, logical routers, logical firewalls, logical load balancers, logical VPN, QoS, and distributed security. A self-service interface allows users to create custom combinations of these services in isolated software-based virtual networks that support existing applications without modification or deliver unique requirements for new application workloads. Similar to virtual machines in compute, virtual networks are programmatically provisioned and managed independent of networking hardware. Decoupling from hardware introduces agility, speed and operational efficiency that has transformed data center economics.
NSX L2 Management Plane team is an exciting team within the Networking & Security Business Unit (NSBU). We are looking for a seasoned and hands-on Engineering Manager to lead this team in building services in the software defined data center area.
What You'll Do
- Manage a high performing core engineering team of individual contributors that is deeply technical, dynamic, agile, dedicated and innovative.
- Set product direction in close collaboration with other development and product management teams. Drive the long term direction of the product for features, higher performance and scale.
- Drive projects across many cross functional teams.
- Recruit and retain top talent, motivate team members and align them to common goals, coordinate with cross-functional teams.
- Hands onengagementreviewing Architecture & Design specs, Code and test plans,definingteststrategyandtriaging ofdefects with engineers across Development and Testing.
- Set a high bar for quality and performance and work with all stakeholders to maintain that.
- Bachelor's in computer science or equivalent with 12+ years of work experience [OR] Master's degree in computer science or equivalent with 10+ years of work experience
- At least 2+ years of People Management experience leading a team of 8-10 software developers.
- Excellent understanding of Object Oriented Programming & Design, Data Modelling. Hands-on proficiency in JAVA/J2EE.
- Sound knowledge of networking domain, NMS, Distributed systems, Network Overlay and Virtualization Technologies.
- Prior experience as a Technical lead working in NMS area for any commercial grade routing/switching products with demonstrable ownership of driving key features end to end across multiple product releases is highly desired.
- Proven track record in achieving successful results working with global cross functional teams and projects.
- Strong ability to influence others and build consensus using good written and verbal communication skills
- Passion to mentor and build high performance teams
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top