- Pune, India
Carbon Black is now part of VMware. As a standalone company, Carbon Black established itself as a leader in the endpoint security space. The product portfolio includes the rapidly growing Carbon Black Cloud platform that delivers next-generation endpoint protection capabilities from the cloud. Now with the full resources of VMware, you have the opportunity to make an impact and build upon Carbon Black's success.
Title: Manager Development
We are seeking a software development manager for the Security Products group focusing on Security. The ideal candidate will have experience managing a highly technical development team. The candidate will work with product management to define the appropriate road map and immediate projects, focused on delivering releases that include patch and maintenance releases as well as new features that improve customer experience. The candidate will apply his networking knowledge to understand customer scenarios and deliver solutions accordingly.
● Manage and grow a first-class team developers to work on feature development as well as patch and maintenance releases.
● Organize major and minor product releases, ensuring that projects and programs are performed on-time, and with high quality.
● A key responsibility of you and your team is to work management plane framework components which form the basis of a large scale extensible Network Virtualization platform.
● Work closely with product management, lead engineers, and partners to define a successful product roadmap.
● You will be responsible for hiring, retention, and career development of the software developers in your team.
● You will coach and motivate your team to ensure high productivity, great collaboration and teamwork, and help each individual achieve his/her maximum potential.
Since VMware is a rapidly growing company, there will also be ample opportunity for learning and professional development.
● 3-5 years of experience in managing teams of software developers and managing software projects with at least 12 + years overall experience in the software industry.
● Must have product development experience in Enterprise class management software.
● Must have experience basic understanding of Virtualization technologies.
● Ability to work with minimal supervision to complete tasks.
● Effective problem solving skills, being able to identify necessary data, analyze, and make recommendations.
● Proven ability to deliver commercial quality software.
● Experience on task prioritization, resource utilization, workload and escalation management.
● Project communication, presentations, status reporting and metrics.
● Experience with Risk Management: Identify project risks, provide risk avoidance recommendations, and anticipate potential problems.
● Strong knowledge of project management processes and demonstrated success in building scalable and effective processes.
● Creation, execution and revision of project work plans and schedules.
● Project management experience involving cross-functional projects with multiple dependencies and constraints.
● Excellent teamwork, leadership, cross-functional and strong people management skills.
● Must be able to interface with internal and external customers and other stakeholders.
● Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
● Degree Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent. Master's desirable.
● MS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
● Good understanding of Spring/Hibernate frameworks, Database technologies.
● Good understanding of Java programming and design patterns.
● Previous experience with Virtualization domain and products.
● Has shipped one or more enterprise class systems management solutions especially around networking.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top