- Pune, India
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide are committed to building a community where outstanding people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem tackle for tomorrow today.
Carbon Black is now part of VMware. As a standalone company, Carbon Black established itself as a leader in the endpoint security space. The product portfolio includes the rapidly growing Predictive Security Cloud (PSC) platform that delivers next-generation endpoint protection capabilities from the cloud. Now with the full resources of VMware, you have the opportunity to make an impact and build upon Carbon Black's success
What You'll Do
- Lead a team of Engineers . Capture and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Drive and contribute to architecture, design, and implementations, ensuring designs and implementations meet quality, performance, scale, testability and manageability requirements as well as cross team dependencies.
- Initiate, implement and evangelize engineering standard methodologies
- Work on project planning and tracking for your team
- Build, mentor and maintain a high performance team.
- Manage communication to customers, executives, peer teams and product management.
- Provide technical leadership to the team (e.g. venturing into new technologies, debugging complex problems)
- Be responsible for defining analytics and usage metrics and visualization.
- Own the team to maintain, expand, and scale the site and perform any on-call duties in case of critical service outages.
What You Need To Succeed
- BE/B Tech or ME/M Tech in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 12years of software development experience with a minimum 3 years in people management role
Extensive work experience and knowledge of Windows OR Linux Operating Systems. A solid foundation and understanding in computer science with strong competencies in algorithms, data structures, software design and an aptitude for solving complex problems
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top