Engineering Director, VMC Commerce
- Bellevue, WA
VMware R&D Team is looking for a Director, Engineering to build and run geographically distributed development team to manage a team for VMC Saas Platform. As a Director, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing a Saas platform that service VMC. You will be leading a team of highly motivated software developers that thrive on solving challenging problems with innovative solutions. This is a great opportunity to help build the products and practices that will support our growth over the next decade.
We are looking for a strong candidate who has excellent track record of building and delivering Enterprise-class level products with Infrastructure management experience, leading high performance teams, building strong development culture and discipline in the teams to deliver high quality software, and make technical decisions on product direction and be able to explore technical options, and determine the right approach.
Role And Responsibilities
- Manage a team that designs, implements and owns VMC Saas Platform and Services. Demonstrate strong leadership and people management skills. Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Expand the team by hiring elite developers. Manage the performance and career development of direct reports.
- Be both a hands-on leader who is deeply involved in the coding and development process as well as a thoughtful people manager. Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced-level of professional experience in software development, Project management and tracking.
- Influence, coordinate and communicate across teams to ensure execution is aligned with priorities
- Stay abreast of latest technologies, techniques and best practices. Foster best practices in project management, software development and product lifecycle management
- Experience deploying mission-critical, 24x7 solutions in a SaaS environment.
- Experience building multi-tenant SaaS systems is desired
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or related practical experience
- Experience in managing top notch software development teams in building and shipping enterprise software through multiple releases
- Strong agile software development and project management fundamentals
- Excellent leadership, people management and communication skills
- Proven track record recruiting and retaining top engineering talent
- Successful track record of managing teams of engineers and project management skills
- Ability to work with a team of highly skilled engineers - liaising with them technically as well as from a people management perspective
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top