Exciting opportunity for a System and Software Architectinour Blockchain Engineering team.
You will be workingatVMware'sBlockchainEngineering team tomakeVMware Blockchain the leadingEnterprise Blockchainplatform.
At VMware, we are building Enterprise Blockchainsolutions usinginnovative technology, enterprisegradequality, andcutting-edge softwareapproaches.
You willbe part of atalentedteamfrom across the worldincluding industry experts.
Our team values diversity, collaboration, and open thought while supporting VMware's EPIC2 values.
Are you ready for your next great challenge with the Blockchain Engineering team in VMware?
- Drive system design and software architecture for the blockchain core product, roadmap features andinfrastructure at an enterprise level of capability and quality.
- Drive the technical architecture vision across the team taking research ideas to practical implementation - all aspects of scalability, security, interoperability, and performance
- Contribute to key pieces of the blockchaincore platform, including but not limitedto the consensus layer, distributed ledger, and smart contracts layer. This could include dealing with the data layer, security layer, or distributed network layer
- Analyze and improve performance,scalabilityand stability of blockchain core product
- Research and create prototypes of advanced capabilities, and then work with teams to implement production quality code
- Collaborate effectively with other engineers and researchers to solve complex problems. This involves mentoring, guiding, and providing a balanced view to alternative approaches.
- Partner with product management and customers for requirement assessment, ensuring the technical architecture is closely aligned.
- 10+years of industry-level software development experience
- Proven experience driving system/softwarearchitecture and designfor complexsystems
- Research, prototype, and implementcomplex architecturesin distributed systems:
- Demonstratedexpertiseinthe distributed systemsdesign and architecture
- Database and Large-scale Storage Systems
- Big Data Processing Systems
- Operating Systems
- Performance Analysis and Optimization
- Cryptographyand security
- Strong backend development experience in C++preferred
- Experience withBlockchain technologiespreferred
- Bachelors/Mastersdegreein Computer Scienceor equivalent experience.Phdispreferred
This position is eligible for JoinOCTO referral campaign
Who you are:
- Self Starter- Thrive in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Strong collaboration skills with a "Team First" mentality.
- Technical engineering excellence, innovation in everything you do.
- "Growth" mindset in tackle problems and creating great solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 5+years experiencein an equivalent role
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Scienceand equivalent experience
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.