Director, Worldwide Consulting Centers (WWCC)
- Bangalore, India
Title: Director, Worldwide Consulting Centers (WWCC)
Franchise Areas: Multi-Cloud, Virtual Cloud Networking & Digital Workspace
Category: Services and Consulting
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Site Location: Bengaluru, India
The Worldwide Consulting Centers (WWWC), which are part of the global VMware Professional Services Organization, are committed to the success of the customer and their digital strategy. The WWCC streamlines the journey for customers to become digital businesses that deliver better experiences to their customers and employees. Under the new VMware Success360 offering, the WWCC delivers high volume, short duration accelerator engagements, which include the onboarding, adoption, consumption, and optimization of the VMware product franchises (multi-cloud, virtual cloud networking, digital workspace, security, and modern applications), that ensure customers rapidly reach their goals by providing expert help every step of the way.
The Director of WWCC will have responsibility of leading a unit within professional services delivery. This role will provide strategic and technical Success360 services for VMware enterprise customers. You will have strong business and financial acumen that will support customers in achieving their business goals and outcomes. You are a leader with broad knowledge across the VMware product franchises and related 3rd party products. This is a Director level leadership role and will report into the Regional head of WWCC.
VMware Professional Services is committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in the latest VMware product franchise technologies and solutions. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
We are looking for conscientious and responsible individuals who can build on our successful track record and come with us on the next stage of our journey.
Work for VMware, a global leader in cloud infrastructure & digital workspace technology, accelerates digital transformation for evolving IT environments.
- You will take ownership of building and growing the Success360 accelerator delivery practice
- You will take ownership of business outcomes of Success360 engagements, lead cross functional technical teams
- Strategically plan with customer success, professional service business unit, pre-sales, support and the customer to build out a delivery roadmap.
- Vision new services and requirements and be a trusted advisor to technical decision makers and key project stakeholders on your projects.
- Ensure the solution being delivered is fit for purpose, referencing the initial business goals and objectives of the project through strong project governance
- Recruiting staff, training and developing top delivery leadership and individual contributor talent
- Coach and motivate the team to ensure high productivity and teamwork, and help unfold team members potential
- Establish credibility, develop and maintain effective relationships between the services function and other business units/functions
- Be operationally excellent in the day-to-day running of the business including (but not limited to) forecasting, pipeline development, training, certifications, hiring, performance management, collaboration, teamwork, and best practice sharing.
- Ensure high degree of customer NPS and ensure effective customer escalation management
- Overall business management including supply, demand, capacity, revenue, margin, utilization, quality, customer and employee satisfaction
- Communication management and primary driver of the business cadence with stakeholders within assigned geography /region / territory
- Manage and work with other leaders within assigned geography
- Develop and track detailed schedules, dependencies, and critical paths
- Clearly communicate with upper management any risk areas; come up with risk mitigation plans
- Encourage and drive organization-wide initiatives, which promote innovation and technical excellence and increase the efficiency, effectiveness and business outcomes of the organization
- Interface with other internal teams to prioritize projects based on the resources available, business priorities and need
- Work closely with the customer success, sales and accounts team to grow the business
- Build and maintain inclusive work environment with high level of trust and psychological safety
- Understand the competitive landscape and the impact to the solution and price
- Assist in the development of our service offerings as well as developing accelerator content, best practices, and white papers.
- Must enjoy working with leading edge technology and being an intrinsic part of a fantastic team
Education and Experience
- Preferably 15+ years of delivery experience in the IT industry, with enterprise software, hosted services and Cloud offerings.
- 8-10 years of delivery management experience.
- Preferred customer success delivery experience (Subscription software model)
- Excellent people management skills - communication, teamwork, and leadership
- Ability to coach and motivate team members for their ongoing career growth
- Proven success leading projects in fast-paced, growing-organization environment
- Strong cross-functional organizational skills
- Executive Presence and proven ability to communicate professionally with executive teams, internally and externally, with customers and partners, including CXO-level ability to manage stakeholder interests and navigate customer organizations to ensure successful technical engagements.
- Demonstrable success of leading, inspiring and empowering a high-performance technical team.
- Experience of working in a high growth environment with an appreciation of how the dynamics of growth affect corporate culture and in-place processes and systems.
- Understanding of how technology is impacting business & IT value propositions for customers.
- Must be a strategic thinker, while maintaining data driven operational discipline and rigor in the 90 day cycle
- Experience working within a matrix technology business, with proven expertise in engaging with a broad and diverse internal stakeholder base
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, together with a natural flair for presenting to diverse audiences
- Industry knowledge in area's including cloud technologies, virtualization and end user computing.
Why Choose VMware?
- Make an impact on your career path; grow professionally and personally by accessing our in-house learning & development opportunities & education assistance program.
- Voice your creative solutions to new and existing problems and watch them become initiatives.
- Thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis reflects our values of Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community.
- Earn a competitive compensation package with performance- based bonuses and increases, a generous benefits package that really takes care of your needs and unexpected perks that make working here fun!
Apply Now - Let's shape the future of what's next together.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top