- Palo Alto, CA
Director of Strategy, Cloud Platform Business Unit
The Cloud Platform Business Unit is searching for a Director of Strategy who is passionate about taking our hybrid cloud business from early stage to maturity, solving some of the most complex and strategic business questions, and turning strategy into results.
In this high-profile role, you will develop and execute strategies that generate the next phase of growth for the business, tackling key areas for expansion, customer and market insights, and strategic priorities that align across product and business. You will work on the toughest challenges that are top of mind for the senior leadership team. You will have exposure to and establish relationships with senior decision makers across the company.
You should have both strong IQ and EQ. You excel in all areas of strategy development and execution, business analysis, problem solving, executive communication, consensus building, project management and people development. In addition, you demonstrate the ability to thrive in an unstructured and collaborative environment. A combination of strategy and technology experience is ideal.
This role is based out of Palo Alto and reporting up to the Vice President of Business Development, Strategy and Operations.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Help define and shape the Cloud Platform Business Unit strategy for hybrid cloud offerings
- Be a thought leader and trusted advisor to business unit leaders across product, engineering, and go-to-market
- Be a master in cross-functional collaboration by developing deep relationships with key partners across the business unit and at VMware
- Structure complex/ambiguous strategic problems, analyze large amounts of information and data quickly/effectively and make actionable recommendations
- Excellent communication skills to create business unit strategy and vision narratives at the executive and Board level
- Turn strategy into reality
- Lead a team that drives analytics and data insights
- Recruit, mentor, and retain a world-class of both strategists & doers
- Create a team culture of critical thinking, creativity, innovation, experimentation, diversity and inclusiveness, openness and transparency that aligns with the team's and VMware's core values
- MBA with experience in a combination of strategy, business, product and operations roles in technology companies and top-tier consulting firms
- Experience managing and scaling strategy, growth, and analytics teams of direct and matrixed reports
- Proven experience working directly with senior executive leadership, technologists, and able to lead and influence across all levels of the organization
- Outside-of-the-box thinker and strategic problem solver who simplifies problems to their core elements and finds creative solutions
- Able to turn complex ideas into visually appealing executive level presentations
- Get-stuff-done mindset with a strong bias towards action
- Expert communicator both written and verbal
- Technical undergraduate degree preferred
- 5+ year post MBA
This position is eligible for the JoinVMC Enhanced ERP Campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top