Director -Strategic Product Marketing for GEH
- Reston, VA
In this role, you will have the opportunity to define the strategy for how we communicate, go to market and position to our government, education and healthcare (GEH) customers about VMware solution portfolio spanning the data center, cloud and edge. You will be responsible for defining our positioning and messaging to customers, partners and key influencers, supporting and creating compelling content to help the market understand why VMware is essential to our customers in the GEH market.
Central to this concept is the fact that VMware is building a leading infrastructure offering for these key businesses, delivering consistent infrastructure and consistent operations across any cloud any application and any device, including on-premises data centers. In this role, it will be key to work with core business units at VMware, as well as our GEH solution team to help define and develop the core use cases that will motivate this unique market to adopt our solutions, partnering with a broad team to drive successful launches and support on going strategic value to the head of this business.
As part of the Americas Marketing Team (AMS), you will be measured on increased awareness, leadership and strategies to imbed our solutions and support the go to market (GTM) and demand generation for this business. This includes working with key partners to adapt and define the right GTM strategy and key adoption across VMware portfolio. Your role will be to council and define the right marketing programs, the key solution content and use cases, bring unique products to market and support our field teams in defining the right set of demand generation program to pursue, and helping to council and define key sales initiatives to support the business.
This position provides hands-on opportunities to help shape marketing directions and drive execution of marketing programs spanning thought leadership, executive communications, digital and social media, corporate communications and product marketing.
Core Positioning and Messaging: Own the development of positioning and messaging that influences a broad set of teams and initiatives spanning new product and service introductions, internal and external communications, digital, social, campaigns and more. Establish key use cases and value propositions that build leadership and sustainable demand for VMware. Ensure legal/regulatory compliance and healthcare accuracy of marketing materials.
New Product and Service Introductions: Lead the marketing process for major and minor introductions, partnering with multiple business units and working across teams to ensure successful launches that achieve a broad range of ambitious goals.
Content development and management: thought leadership, executive communications, corporate communications and digital; own the production of a compelling and differentiated library of content and assets that can be utilized externally directly to customers working with key BU, external influencers and internal teams, and by third parties (demos, whitepapers, presentations, how to guides, etc.).
Field Enablement and Transformation: Support the GEH sales leadership and be an active participant in defining strategy and requirements to win in this business segment. This will include engaging with field teams and specialists to ensure consistent levels of education and expertise in bringing VMware to a range of key buying personas. Empower a field organization to drive sales to new and existing customers. Coordinate and direct marketing projects and major events from start to finish with the collaboration of other departments within AMS.
Media and Analyst Interactions: Define and work with a global Communications and Analyst Relations team to define and influence the public relations strategy and support market analysts to drive consistently strong media coverage during key launch periods, key programing and events and during major milestones. Ensure a strong and positive public perception by nurturing these key channels.
Customer Briefings: Support field efforts to engage new and existing customers through in field seminars, customer briefings and Executive Briefing Center engagements as required or needed. Deliver content and well as hands on customer briefings to frame VMware strategy and our differentiated portfolio, work with corporate teams to ensure the Reston briefing center has what is required to build business, create sales acceleration and close business for GEH.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ability to clearly and succinctly communicate (verbally/written) in a persuasive and appropriate manner at the executive level
- Ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively
- Proactive, responsive, and customer service-oriented with a strong sense of project ownership and accountability
- Stay up to date on current trends and customer insights in the federal government, State and Local Governments and the Healthcare industry
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to engage on strategy and business objectives with a broad range of peers
- Experience in working within a cross-functional team collaborating with colleagues in Regulatory, Legal, Government and Healthcare specifically for the purpose of developing and providing approved content to GEH customers/prospects
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to inspire and empower others to be at their best and deals with corrective actions in a manner that inspires accountability
- Ability to make sound business decisions by having a strong understanding about business, finance, and risks/benefits of decisions
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities
- Strong financial acumen
- Maintain and manage the GEH marketing budget, ensuring all programs hit budget by being accurately scoped and executed to plan
- Manage program analytics and report on all program ROI, including recommendations to increase/decrease spend on future programs based on the success of each campaign/event
- Identify and execute breakthrough partner marketing activities that reach target audiences
- Deliver clear, concise content for partner demand and lead generation activities and social media
- Work closely with marketing and sales stakeholders to achieve business goals
- Comfortable understand market data and analysis to come up with strategies that will support growth in the GEH market.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in fields such as product marketing, demand generation marketing and communications
- People management experience. Ability to set priorities, develop roles and responsibilities, and manage staff.
- A Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, technology, or relevant field of study such as computer science, having a technical background would be helpful
- Demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative technology products
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility
- Ability to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
- The demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously
- Experience marketing to the Healthcare industry, Public Sector (e.g., Federal Government, DoD, State & Local Governments, Higher Education, K12/School Districts, and/or Non-Profits)
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top