Director, Strategic Marketing - VMware Cloud
- Palo Alto, CA
The Cloud Services Business Unit (CSBU) is responsible for delivering a unified multi-cloud experience for our customers via our broad portfolio of SaaS and Subscription services. Our portfolio includes VMware Cloud on AWS, VMware Cloud Services on Hyperscalers, VMware Cloud on Dell EMC and the VMware Cloud Partner Provider program. Our mission is to deliver VMware IaaS and services across VMware managed Clouds, Public Clouds and Edge locations serving three core constituents, our team, our customers and our ecosystem partners.
This role is responsible for driving marketing strategy and planning for the CSBU product/services portfolio.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Define areas for business acceleration with compelling analysis based on market trends , business analytics and product fit.
- Analyze competitive intelligence, market position, market share and growth rates to shape business strategy
- Lead the CSBU marketing plan development and tracking to meet business goals with cross functional leaders
- Drive the business planning interlocks with sales and key stakeholders to set goals , targets and metrics, for FY and long range planning
- Data driven and highly analytical approach to measure business metrics to reflect performance
- Drive comprehensive market research using both primary/secondary data to support business decisions
- Build and deliver comprehensive marketing updates in monthly and quarterly business reviews
- Bring a deep understanding of market / buyer access and sales model fit for offerings
- Foster strong relationships with multiple cross functional business units and product teams
- 10+ years of experience in Information Technology, with at least 4 years in top tier management consulting focused on technology segment and business strategy/pricing areas
- Ability to create customer-facing presentation content independently, author detailed market research documents, and conduct pricing and packaging proposals (working in conjunction with a dedicated pricing and packaging team.)
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills, comfortable delivering stage presentations to large audiences on an international scale.
- Solid knowledge of the IT vendor ecosystem.
- Intellectual curiosity & willingness to take ownership of deliverables.
- Excellent leadership qualities, including the ability to inspire and motivate a large cross functional team. This person must be a hands-on leader, willing to personally contribute to the success of the organization.
- The person must have a strong work ethic, expressing dedication to the business and pursuit of the agreed-to business agendas.
- BSCS degree or equivalent, MBA required.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top