Director, SDDC Sales Finance
- Palo Alto, CA
VMware has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated Director, Sales Finance to join our Sales Finance team in Palo Alto. This manager will be the lead the business partner to SVP of SDDC Sales on a worldwide basis. The manager will work with Geo and BU Finance teams and collaborate cross-functionally with Sales, Sales Operations on a regular basis. Being successful in this role requires a large degree of analytical thought leadership, excellent organization and communication skills, and the ability to synthesize complex data and solve problems.
- Lead Planning Process for SDDC Specialist Sales. Translate Sales strategy and company goals into annual Bookings and Spending & HC plans. Lead end-to-end planning processes for SDDC Sales organization, including bookings modeling, interlock between Geo and BU topline planning, investment and Sales HC capacity analysis.
- Drive Quarter / Monthly Close, Forecast and Reporting. Own overall SDDC Sales financial close and forecast process. Lead monthly and quarterly financial reporting process that enables business decision making. Own and deliver SDDC Sales QBR packages.
- Business Partnering. Lead Finance partner to SVP of SDDC Sales and his leadership team. Develop an understanding of their business and translate that into operational and financial information. Help develop various metrics to monitor health of the business on a regular basis.
- Sales Compensation. Develop a thorough understanding of sales compensation structure including commission, MBO's, and spiff and the impact of these programs on the overall budget. Review and approve monthly commission payouts. Drive overall SDDC Sales Compensation strategy decisions with the SDDC Sales Leadership.
- Lead Projects to drive efficiency and process improvement. Identify, design and lead projects intended to create efficiencies, standardize business practices, drive process improvements and deliver high impact analysis for decision making. Collaborate with global Sales Finance team and other parts of VMware Finance to enhance the function's contribution to the company.
- Team Leadership. Lead a small team based in Palo Alto and Bulgaria, drive changes and help determine priorities. Continuously develop and coach individual contributors.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Experience in Sales Finance role required
- SaaS experience strongly preferred
- Strong project management, planning, and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Takes charge of complex issues and develop new ways of approaching business challenges independently and pro-actively
- 15+ years of finance experience, including at least 3+ years in Sales Finance
- Strong leadership skills with experience in growing and leading a high-performing team of finance professionals
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Ability to demonstrate effective leadership in ambiguous and frequently changing situations
- Passionate, high-energy, impactful team-player
- Hands-on ability with analytical tools & systems
- B.A. or B.S. in Business, Finance, or Accounting; MBA, CPA, or equivalent experience a plus
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top