Director Professional Services, TAM, APJ
- Sydney, Australia
Director / Senior Director, TAM Technical Account Management, APJ
Are you passionate about delivering customer value? Our Technical Account Managers are! Are you an 'agent of change'? Do you see yourself taking a leadership position in taking the role of our Technical Account Managers to the next level in VMware?
If you are then we want to hear from you!
VMware Technical Account Managers are different! We are a passionate and diverse team and we are obsessive about our customers success. We help guide our customers digital journey, accelerate time to value and optimize their operations.
Director TAM, APJ will lead, develop and inspire an organisation of Technical Account Managers across Asia Pacific and Japan. They will be responsible for a dynamic and growing business chartered with ensuring VMware customers are successful deploying VMware Solutions and are seeing real business value. VMware TAM's work closely with our customers to develop roadmaps that align to their business goals, they then work as a trusted advisor to help ensure the roadmaps deliver value and the customers are successful with VMware solutions.
The ideal candidate will be customer focused and have a successful record of accomplishment, managing sizeable high-performance teams and experience of collaborating with sales and services to grow services revenue. They will be comfortable managing a P&L and have a successful track record of delivering to Revenue and Margin Targets.
You will be part of a Global leadership team, responsible for setting strategy and targets as well as execution of the strategy. Leading change to ensure execution of the strategy will be key to your success.
Individuals should possess a broad level of technology understanding, as well as operational and business acumen. The successful profile will have spent their career in technology sales, consulting services or pre-sales with progression into sales, consulting services and or pre-sales management. They will have demonstrated the ability to manage team execution during after sale activities and have personally acted as an advisor to senior client executives.
If you want to understand what a VMWare Technical Account Manager does, see here: (https://www.vmguru.com/2017/11/what-is-a-vmware-technical-account-manager/)
- Take ownership for all aspects of the customer experience, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction, high levels of renewals. Taking the initiative to continuously listen to customers and improve the customer experience every quarter.
- Build a strong customer network at the C-Level acting as an exec sponsor on our key accounts and taking personal responsibility for customer success.
- Spend time on the road with our TAMs in front of customers leading by example.
- Lead and own the development and delivery of CIO and Customer Insight reporting for the Geography.
- Lead the delivery of TAM events across the Geography, from TAM Customer Days to TAM Customer Roundtables. Continually review customer satisfaction with our events and ensure we continually evolve TAM customer events to add increasing value to our customers.
- Hire and retain a diversity of top talent while managing performance to ensure coverage, career advancement and effective succession planning.
- Manage hiring and resourcing in line with customer demand.
- Own the training plan for the organisation, ensuring skills are being developed in line with the organization strategy.
- Ensure the team have the tools at their disposal to be effective in front of the customer, continually work with corporate teams to drive ongoing improvements and efficiencies.
- Build a diverse and inclusive team at every level of the organisation.
- Work with the Global Leadership team and PSGeography Leadership to agree the strategic plan, objectives and measures of success.
- Own the strategic plan for the Geography, ensuring we are executing on the strategic plan and driving meaningful change at every level of the organisation.
- Ensure the execution of the strategic plan is meeting the objectives.
- Manage the adoption of key technologies, ensuring customers are seeing tangible business value and are satisfied with VMware technology.
- Act as ambassador for VMware and the VMware TAM program, speaking at major customer events like VMworld.
- Inspire a team to advise our customers and act as an advocate to help our customers build and execute impactful plans that deliver highly successful business outcomes, resulting in customer loyalty, increased adoption of VMware solutions and maintaining a high NPS.
- Lead the team in execution of customer deliverables to ensure we are executing in line with our commitments.
- Build strong complimentary relationships with the regional PS leadership, the regional sales leadership and the sales teams to drive growth in the TAM business.
- Lead the operational planning process for the Technical Account Manager team, interlocking with PS Business Leaders.
- Own the operational plan for the business, managing the forecast for bookings, revenue, margin, customer NPS, renewals and employee NPS.
- Manage in a matrix model supporting sales and building strong relationships with corporate product teams, support organizations and enterprise partner teams.
Key Measures of Success:
- Customer technology adoption
- Quality customer insights data
- Service delivery across the Geography
- Customer NPS & renewals
- Employee NPS, development of the people, execution of training plans and employee retention
- Execution of the strategic plan to meet agreed goals
- Bookings, Revenue, Margin & Utilisation.
Required Background and Experience:
- 10+ years of relevant IT or industry experience in customer-facing positions preferably within the Enterprise Software space or technology sector.
- Executive Presence and proven ability to communicate professionally with executive teams, internally and externally, with customers and partners, including CXO-level ability to manage stakeholder interests and navigate customer organizations to ensure successful technical engagements.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and motivational skills
- Proven track record of leading change programs across multi-cultural teams.
- Demonstrable success of leading, inspiring and empowering a high-performance technical team.
- Experience of working in a high growth environment with an appreciation of how the dynamics of growth affect corporate culture and in-place processes and systems.
- Proven ability to work closely with field sales organizations involving joint client presentations and engaging in joint account planning with sales teams.
- Ability to manage competing client demands and multiple engagements.
- Understanding of how technology is impacting business & IT value propositions for customers.
- Industry knowledge in area's including SaaS, cloud technologies, end user computing and application modernization.
At the heart of VMware's operating system is our Leadership Code, the successful candidate will demonstrate strong alignment to VMware's leadership Code:
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top