Director Product Management - VMware Government Services (Cloud)
Are you passionate about building great products and services?VMware Government Services (VGS) is looking for a Product Management leader that will be responsible for launching new products and growing VMware's existing Public Sector Cloud portfolio.
VGS is a newly formed group, responsible fortaking to marketcompliantcloud products and services,thatare critical to meet the high security and compliance standards of our US public sector customers.
In this role, you willstand up, grow and develop theVGSproduct management team.This role requires working cross functionally with Engineering, Marketing, Sales,Operations,andCustomer Success.We are looking for someonewithstrongcollaboration,leadership,and entrepreneurial skillswho has the willingness and experience to work inarapidlyscaling environment.
- Createand executetheVMwarePublic Sectorcloudproductstrategy and roadmap
- Meet with Public Sector customersto understand needs and act as anadvocate within VMwarefor their requirements
- Performmarket research on VMwarecloud servicestoderivetheirtotal addressable market
- AdviseSales and VMware cloud servicesexecutiveson productstrategy
- Build trust and alignment onpriorities and roadmap.
- Act as a key company spokesperson for VGSwith customers, partners,industry analysts, and external organizations (e.g. FedRAMP, DISA, 3PAOs).
- Engage withProductMarketing,TechnicalMarketing,Sales andPartners todevelop ago-to-market motion
- 10+ years of software industryexperiencewithamix of product managementandstrategy development
- Proven track record of delivering successful enterprise software and SaaS offeringsinthePublic Sector
- Proven history of managing, recruiting, and developing high performing product management teams
- Deep understanding of Cloud Services, SaaSand IaaS products
- Background in rapid SaaS delivery and workingcloselywith agile teams, Customer Success, andOperations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong ability to influence people at all levels andacrossroles
- Exceptionally strong analyticaland organizationalskills
- Willing to travel up to 25% time
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience working in/with organizations in the US public sector market or a regulated industry
- Experience at a Cloud Service Provider, technology/software firm, systems integrator, US Government agency, or security/compliance consulting firm
- Experience taking a new cloud service to market
- Experience withvariousPublic Sector certifications (FedRAMP and DOD SRG)
- Meet the requirements to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
This position will perform work that the U.S. government has specified can only be performed by a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil, and therefore any offer will be contingent upon verification ofboth of theserequirements.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top